2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
    Where at in Galveston? Do you have a boat?
    No boat and we're stay near Schillterbahn...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
      No boat and we're stay near Schillterbahn...

I sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
        Yes - that's my GO TO Black Drum setup! Never have to worry about live bait - just keep a rig ready when you have that opportunity. Shrimp flavored in Chartreuse - Reds and Black drum - with a little clicking rattle Carolina rigged.

The big Uglies will hit this setup regularly - for those slow mid-days when you want to stretch some line and run the trolling motor in pursuit up and down the ICW. I'll cut a strip about 6 inches long and slow bounce it on retrieve.

Those just legal sized black drum - PO MAN RED SNAPPER

Chartreuse or hot pink gulp grubs rigged that way are deadly too... Reds seem to prefer them maybe over fish bites... a small split shot about 6" above the grub (on a hook, no jig head). slow rolled on the bottom works too if they are feeding down rather than up...

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
          I liked my SHOs alot. Strong motors and never gave me any trouble. They have a few quirks. On some of them if you don't break them in right and run em hard periodically they will make oil. Their prop shafts are not as stout as they could be and it's pretty easy to bend them. And you can't rebuild their blocks. I don't think you can go wrong with their regular grey 4 strokes either.
          Thanks for the response. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Gonna hit the surf at Surfside or maybe west end of the island tomorrow after work if anyone wants to meet down there.

Comment

Made a kayak trip to E. Matty today. Tried the marsh 1st, but just lots of little reds. Finally went out to the bay & 1st drift had a keeper. Made several drifts through scattered shell & action was good. Lots of trout & reds just barely undersized made for a fun morning. If I had went to the bay sooner , I'm sure I would have had my trout limit. Most fish caught on a purple/chautruese Bass assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Made a kayak trip to E. Matty today. Tried the marsh 1st, but just lots of little reds. Finally went out to the bay & 1st drift had a keeper. Made several drifts through scattered shell & action was good. Lots of trout & reds just barely undersized made for a fun morning. If I had went to the bay sooner , I'm sure I would have had my trout limit. Most fish caught on a purple/chautruese Bass assassin.

Nice. We fished yesterday with about the same results. I think we were two short on a red limit and 5 short of a limit on trout. Wading shorelines produced nothing and finally went to drift. Wasn’t much boat traffic for a change.
                Last edited by panhandlehunter; 06-16-2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                  Ok brain trust.... I need help... Headed to Galveston for the weekend..... I need tips on catching speckled trout and reds in the surf..... Taking the kids so I planned on shrimp under a cork

Probably the best place to start if you aren't familiar with it. Live shrimp. You need to set up a livewell to transport them in.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                    Gonna hit the surf at Surfside or maybe west end of the island tomorrow after work if anyone wants to meet down there.
                    What time is after work?

Dang David. I didnt know you was a paddle fisherman. We hit me next time you head out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      What time is after work?Dang David. I didnt know you was a paddle fisherman. We hit me next time you head out

Yes Sir Shane. I like to paddle fish. I need to get out & find some more places.

Comment

Yes Sir Shane. I like to paddle fish. I need to get out & find some more places.
                        I paddle some of coastals old haunts but usually not till October or so

Comment

What time is after work?Dang David. I didnt know you was a paddle fisherman. We hit me next time you head out

Get off at 2:30pm in down town. Going to check the surf cams before I leave and head straight there if it looks decent.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                            If it looks good I might just join yall.
                            That would be awesome, Doug!

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                              Get off at 2:30pm in down town. Going to check the surf cams before I leave and head straight there if it looks decent.
                              I'd have to come home and swap cars but I should be home by 230. I'll watch it as well. Text/call me if you make the trip

Comment

I'd have to come home and swap cars but I should be home by 230. I'll watch it as well. Text/call me if you make the trip

10-4 I will text you either way to let you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X