No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, think I hooked a shark on mullet. Tug, tug,pop!

Oh well. Cold beer, RV life is legit!! Cooked some al pastor on the griddle. Hope the trout are there in the am!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Well, think I hooked a shark on mullet. Tug, tug,pop!

Oh well. Cold beer, RV life is legit!! Cooked some al pastor on the griddle. Hope the trout are there in the am!

How long you gonna be down? Ill probably be down there Sunday/Monday fishing. If we can’t find some fish they ain’t there.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        How long you gonna be down? Ill probably be down there Sunday/Monday fishing. If we can’t find some fish they ain’t there.
        Probably leaving Sunday eveningish. Start summer workouts Monday so gotta get back. Hoping the trout are in the surf in the morning!

Comment

Probably leaving Sunday eveningish. Start summer workouts Monday so gotta get back. Hoping the trout are in the surf in the morning!

Definitely trout in the surf. Just depends on what the water looks like. Go get you some live bait and you’ll catch them.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Definitely trout in the surf. Just depends on what the water looks like. Go get you some live bait and you’ll catch them.
            Not set up for live. Caught a good bit in the cast net in the canal this afternoon on the way in but cast net got caught on a rock and shredded.

Got gulp, popping corks, fresh dead, spoons. Gonna throw them all and see what happens. I've never found trout in surfside. Can wear them out in holly beach where I'm from or at SPI. I've just never had luck here. Can't seem to find the good rip currents and birds working like I do other places.

We'll see. Gonna catch a buzz for sure. Hopefully some fish.

Comment

My last four solo trips. Fishing hasn’t been bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                Those numbers are more like winter numbers.

I can tell you in the last two weeks I have had several 27-28" trout caught on my boat and a whole bunch of 24-27" trout and most of the 27-28" fish are averaging 6 to 7#. Right now a 30" trout will go maybe 8#. It will take a really healthy 30"er to hit 9# right now.
                Guy caught one locally here the other day that was 29 7/8 and weighed 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                  Hey man, can you post the pic? Or pm me if you don't want to post, I'd like to see it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
                  I can do it

Comment

The 30 incher (29 7/8) from Sabine

Comment

I wouldn’t have kept it if I wasn’t in the star tourney, which he wasn’t, but it’s definitely the fish of a lifetime, especially on the upper coast.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                        I wouldn’t have kept it if I wasn’t in the star tourney, which he wasn’t, but it’s definitely the fish of a lifetime, especially on the upper coast.

I’ve released a bunch of big fish but if I ever catch a 10 she’s dying for a skin mount. One fish for my lifetime won’t change a thing. A 10lb trout is the ultimate in my eyes, especially nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                          I’ve released a bunch of big fish but if I ever catch a 10 she’s dying for a skin mount. One fish for my lifetime won’t change a thing. A 10lb trout is the ultimate in my eyes, especially nowadays.

I’d be fine with a replica, but couldn’t fault someone wanting a skin mount

Comment

Nice, that's a dream fish

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Surf was not bad this morning. Little rough on second bar. No bites. Threw spoons, gulp, popping cork, even live shrimp.

At this point I'm pretty sure nobody actually catches trout in the surf. But they come over here and post pics after catching them in the bay when too many people start fishing their spots in the bay with croaker. Then all the social media scouts go waste their day in the surf!

Comment

Surf was not bad this morning. Little rough on second bar. No bites. Threw spoons, gulp, popping cork, even live shrimp.

At this point I'm pretty sure nobody actually catches trout in the surf. But they come over here and post pics after catching them in the bay when too many people start fishing their spots in the bay with croaker. Then all the social media scouts go waste their day in the surf!

Where are you at? I’ll probably be down there in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X