No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherman is s liar liar! Called for 10 to 12 from the NE... by 9 it was pushing 25. Bay was shredded... but..

We absolutely hammered the redfish today. Huge schools under birds starting around noon, you would hear them crushing before you saw them.

We caught around 15 or so slots. Most on tops, and another 4 or 5 undersize.

At one time I had reds on 2 poles at once... looked like Lousiana. we were double hooked multiple times.

We ended up catching 25 or so trout, and only 1 made the cut. Crazy!

My nephew got some really good gopro footage I'll share later.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      Weatherman is s liar liar! Called for 10 to 12 from the NE... by 9 it was pushing 25. Bay was shredded... but..

We absolutely hammered the redfish today. Huge schools under birds starting around noon, you would hear them crushing before you saw them.

At one time I had reds on 2 poles at once... looked like Lousiana. we were double hooked multiple times.

Nice. That NE usually comes up with the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        Nice. That NE usually comes up with the sun.
        By 2 things were halfway normal. Gotta love fighting a north wind in June....

Comment

Sounds like a great day on the water Shane!!

Comment

We didn’t stack them but had 2 nice reds and 2 nice flounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Shane & Chris!

Comment

Thank you Charlie!

Nice Chris, sure was hoping we'd find a flat fish today but no go!

Comment

Way to make lemon aid out of lemons!

Comment

Headed to surfside in the am. Just taking the RV. I had planned on following in the 4runner but decided we'll roll together. Hopefully we can find some good fish in the surf within walking distance of our rv park. Staying at beachside.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                      Headed to surfside in the am. Just taking the RV. I had planned on following in the 4runner but decided we'll roll together. Hopefully we can find some good fish in the surf within walking distance of our rv park. Staying at beachside.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Good Luck & Be Safe!

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Ran across this on Cca site from tpwd experience for trout length.
                        6 lb trout averaged 25 7/8 inches
                        8 lb trout averaged 28 1/3 inches
                        Rule of thumb under 27 inches trout chances are won't make 8 lbs for trout division
                        Rule of thumb for youth division 25 inches won't make 6 lbs for trout

Those numbers are more like winter numbers.

I can tell you in the last two weeks I have had several 27-28" trout caught on my boat and a whole bunch of 24-27" trout and most of the 27-28" fish are averaging 6 to 7#. Right now a 30" trout will go maybe 8#. It will take a really healthy 30"er to hit 9# right now.

Comment

Windward shorelines, redfish and roach paddletails. You can take that pattern to the bank.

Comment

Thank you Charlie!

Nice Chris, sure was hoping we'd find a flat fish today but no go!

Right on Chris and Shane! That wind was whipping for sure, what was nice though is it was actually a little chilly coming out of the harbor, that was a nice change from the heat. I was helping a buddy prefish for a tourney this weekend, so we didn’t stay long after finding the reds. I did get a little gator to slam a soft dine though, which was pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The surf was high yesterday. Lots of seaweed. My 4oz pyramid was not big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                                Windward shorelines, redfish and roach paddletails. You can take that pattern to the bank.

Add oysters reefs and speckled trout to this as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X