2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
    Ran away for a couple days in my brides car so can’t take the boat out. One flaty from shore sure beats working!!!

Now I’m chillaxin’ in the kiddie pool with a gin and tonic and Chris Stapleton jamin’...life is great!

**** nice! I’ve never caught a flounder from the sea wall in Seadrift. Lots of hard heads, rat reds, black drum, and sheepshead. One giant black drum late one night too. I’ll be down there Father’s Day weekend with my son. The three of us (dad included) are going to hit the bay that Saturday morning. Tried to order a new rod for the trip. Post office delivered it like this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boy it was blowing today. 30+ for a good while this morning. It got pretty sporty.

But that's OK, I shifted gears and went and chased some fish on the other end of the bay. We caught pretty steady all morning but lots of dinks. We were done by 10:00 or so this morning.

One of the first couple of fish of the day. 27.5" and she released the fish.

I couldn't get everyone in the pic but this is our pile of fish from this morning.

Good day despite the wind.

Comment

You da Man Glenn!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
          I'm going to be off the water sunday-tuesday. My bet is it'll be flat as can be those days.

Edit- unless someone wants to fish Sunday. I can be persuaded.
          If you’re serious I may hit you up. We had an offshore trip booked Saturday to take clients, but forecast isn’t looking so good now. Wife was ready to get in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            If you’re serious I may hit you up. We had an offshore trip booked Saturday to take clients, but forecast isn’t looking so good now. Wife was ready to get in the water.
            I held sun-tue out so that we could get a mobile home moved in on our deer lease those days. As it turns out I'm only going to need to be down there mon-tue so I can fish Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              If Philip passes let me know if you want to fish Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                Just tie up the rip with some mono.
                Thanks for the pro tip. Just fixed it. Easy money. I never use the thing because I don't fish live. But need mullet to soak in the surf so I don't get skunked.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                  I held sun-tue out so that we could get a mobile home moved in on our deer lease those days. As it turns out I'm only going to need to be down there mon-tue so I can fish Sunday.
                  Sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    This job keeps getting in the way of my fishing.

We do need to put a midweek trip together like we did last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I heard that!!!!

Id take Mexico up on tomorrow but I got something like 18 hours of OT since sunday and I aint taking straight time

Comment

Anybody have tips where to cast net some bait in surfside? I know last weekend there wasn't any in the surf and the some of the guys I was with went to a boat ramp i think and netted some.

Comment

Have no idea what they catch, but I see a lot of people cast netting along 332 between the bridge and the high Levee along where the bait camps are. Another place is I see people drive down the big tall Levee and walk down to the marsh and castnet. There are places where you can drive down to the water to get to it. A County Road or a drive-in. If you are heading towards Surfside from Freeport on 332 right when you get to the big tall Levi take a left and go down a ways and there is a county road that goes down the Levee across the marsh. It goes all the way to the intercoastal. There are several places to cash not there and I have seen lots of mullet and stuff along the road.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Have no idea what they catch, but I see a lot of people cast netting along 332 between the bridge and the high Levee along where the bait camps are. Another place is I see people drive down the big tall Levee and walk down to the marsh and castnet. There are places where you can drive down to the water to get to it. A County Road or a drive-in. If you are heading towards Surfside from Freeport on 332 right when you get to the big tall Levi take a left and go down a ways and there is a county road that goes down the Levee across the marsh. It goes all the way to the intercoastal. There are several places to cash not there and I have seen lots of mullet and stuff along the road.
                          Thanks a bunch. That's a head start.

Comment

School me on the absolutely lightest wade fishing rig. I’m looking for something super light for my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                              School me on the absolutely lightest wade fishing rig. I’m looking for something super light for my wife.
                              I have light stuff. But they break more

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                I have light stuff. But they break more

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                                Fool. Call/text me tomorrow. A buddy looking for a phoenix 721 pro

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X