No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got home from aransas pass. Finished Sunday afternoon and today til 2. Tough days with east winds Keeper trout and drum Sunday afternoon and 25 inch red today all in redfish bay. Water was murky and blowing east winds. Just never could find the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      Just got home from aransas pass. Finished Sunday afternoon and today til 2. Tough days with east winds Keeper trout and drum Sunday afternoon and 25 inch red today all in redfish bay. Water was murky and blowing east winds. Just never could find the fish.
      Sounds like a good time! Congrats!

Comment

Headed back to POC Friday for 10 days, have some new stuff to try to the west but if that doesn’t work out we will head East of us to west Matty.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          That sounds a little ghey ?

[emoji2357]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A Little?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            Headed back to POC Friday for 10 days, have some new stuff to try to the west but if that doesn’t work out we will head East of us to west Matty.
            May all the forecasted rain be south of 59
            Originally posted by rvd View Post
            A Little?
            Well, I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. But yeah, freddy mercury ghey

Comment

Fished Friday on SPI. Wind was blowing 25-30. Had to work but managed a red limit plus oversized. Smallest was 24 up to 30.75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Dug through some photo albums yesterday. East bay flounder from back in the day.

A few of you will remember the old rusty barges that littered the cut from the ICW into east matty. It was one of my dads favorite spots and gave up tons of fish.

My granny caught this one, that's a 48 at cooler for reference. Dad claims it was 3 1/2 thick and over 8lbs.

The trout pic was taken on the pier of our river house

Cool pics, we probably crossed paths in the 80/90's around Mattie. I was usually in the ugliest boat on the water.

Comment

Congrats Jeff!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                    Fished Friday on SPI. Wind was blowing 25-30. Had to work but managed a red limit plus oversized. Smallest was 24 up to 30.75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impressive, especially for SPI!

Comment

Nice ^^^

Comment

Crusty bad attitude fish are biting.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Crusty bad attitude fish are biting.
                          Nice! If you don’t mind me asking, how deep are y’all catching those? We had been doing really well with our traps in 3ft up until last week and now catching hardly any in Aransas.

Comment

Those are within tossing distance of keeping our feet dry at low tide, traps were barely covered with water at low tide. We haven't been out in the boat yet since getting here. The commercial guy who runs traps in front of us looks like he's got his inside the sandbar out front maybe 100 yards offshore, should be about 3'-4' there so sounds like you're in the right range.
                            Last edited by justletmein; 05-12-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              Those are within tossing distance of keeping our feet dry at low tide, traps were barely covered with water at low tide. We haven't been out in the boat yet since getting here. The commercial guy who runs traps in front of us looks like he's got his inside the sandbar out front maybe 100 yards offshore, should be about 3'-4' there so sounds like you're in the right range.
                              Gotcha. I won't be back to them until Thursday, if they're not catching think I'm going to move at least a few shallower. Thanks for the info!

Comment

I am old, have 1000's of hours in the salt. I am not ghey as was accused. Never meant to ruffle but did with a goofy comment. I accept it was goofy. Apology. No ill intent. Just love my salt.
                                Direct from TX P&W Bioligists not me:
                                Minimize the time fish is out of the water (no longer than you can hold your breath.)
                                Leave fish in the water if you can and use a tool to remove the hook.
                                If possible, keep the fish from thrashing without using a net. If a net is required, use a rubber-mesh landing net instead of abrasive nylon.
                                Avoid removing the slime/mucus layer, which protects fish from parasites and infections.
                                Try to keep fish off the ground or floor of a boat.
                                Use a wet rag or glove, or wet hands before handling fish.
                                Turn fish on its back and cover its eyes to calm it.
                                Don't put your fingers in the eyes or gills.
                                Smaller fish (< 5 pounds) can be vertically held by the lower jaw, either by hand or with grippers. Hold larger fish horizontally and support with two hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X