Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid May and 25 gust from the NE, who would have think it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      Mid May and 25 gust from the NE, who would have think it?

They ain’t biting anyway. Save your gas and enjoy your time with the wife. Lol

Comment

Dug through some photo albums yesterday. East bay flounder from back in the day.

A few of you will remember the old rusty barges that littered the cut from the ICW into east matty. It was one of my dads favorite spots and gave up tons of fish.

My granny caught this one, that's a 48 at cooler for reference. Dad claims it was 3 1/2 thick and over 8lbs.

The trout pic was taken on the pier of our river house

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Solid trip from a few days ago. Caught roughly 4 limits of reds to 8 lbs
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice gents! Cool pics Shane! That's a pig of a flounder!

Comment

It was plenty windy the last couple of days but we weren't gonna let a little wind stand in the way of a good time.

Yesterday was especially tough, we had LOTS of wind. I didn't really want to fish but they wanted to go and I ain't skeered. We caught fish all day but just tons of dinks. I couldn't fish the areas I needed to fish and on those high wind days you end up fishing the areas you have a little protection. It doesn't always line up with areas holding good numbers of fish. And the fish didn't really eat well anyway. But we had alot of fun, good folks and good conversation. They caught a couple old dinosaurs that gave 'em a pretty good pull. They were both well over 30#. Both released. I don't fish for them but we catch a big one here and there. They were tailing in 2-3' of water yesterday.

This morning the wind was lighter but not nearly as light as the weather guessers guessed. It was too much wind for where I really wanted to fish so I had to regroup and go to plan B. The bay was pretty ripped up with limited options. We caught fish all day. Lots of dinks but we scratched out enough keepers for a couple meals. Another fun day with good conversation and plenty of fresh air and sunshine.

It won't be long and this wind will subside, we'll get that sweet SE and we'll be back to piling them up.

Comment

I'm about over my boat at this point. Got the new lower and prop on today. Took it for a test run. The new trim isn't working right. Turns out it's the wrong trim unit. Rams arent quite the right fit. Doubtful I'll be fishing big lake this upcoming weekend now.

Talk about torture. I'm a teacher. Was given a 6 month summer basically this year. And my **** boat has been down since first week of march!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                  I'm about over my boat at this point. Got the new lower and prop on today. Took it for a test run. The new trim isn't working right. Turns out it's the wrong trim unit. Rams arent quite the right fit. Doubtful I'll be fishing big lake this upcoming weekend now.

Talk about torture. I'm a teacher. Was given a 6 month summer basically this year. And my **** boat has been down since first week of march!

You need to hit those walk in spots of you wade!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    You need to hit those walk in spots of you wade!
                    No idea where to start on that. I live too far from the TX coast to burn a trip trying to find wade spots. And I'm not wading in LA!

Comment

Congrats Glenn! I got a special trip I need to see if you can handle! I'll be getting with you soon on it.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                        Congrats Glenn! I got a special trip I need to see if you can handle! I'll be getting with you soon on it.
                        Sounds good!

Comment

fish being released, please Avoid touching gills. Got to go soon. You folks are making my mojo seek a pole pole.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                            fish being released, please Avoid touching gills. Got to go soon. You folks are making my mojo seek a pole pole.
                            2 much sun has had 2 much alcohol... son... We don't need advice how to handle fish... wrong way to step into a group of gents who have spent more time in the salt then your pops in maw...

Comment

Why not I used to wade over there quite a bit.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                                . You folks are making my mojo seek a pole pole.
                                That sounds a little ghey ?

[emoji2357]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X