Jason Garrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    He also knows JG wont be unemployed for more than 5 minutes....or as long as it takes to fly to NY

where on earth does this JG to NY come from?

Tony Romo said that Garrett was one of those "smartest guys in the room" types and he very well may be. I think at this stage of the game if Jerry is a hindrance on coaching (cough-cough) that Garrett will tell him the truth. I would like to believe that with the bromance that these two have that Jerry will take a chance to slightly step away and either hire a GM or make JG assistant GM to buffer the BS.....we will see. coming up on 25 years

Comment

so many things in life from business success to companionship to killing a trophy buck are such a fine line. no different with the cowboys...had the herschel walker trade never happened theyd be on a 40 year drought right now...Unfortunately they failed to take advantage of the most favored QB salary situation the league has seen in years, Dak on a mid-round contract salary structure. Once they start having to pay him 30MM per, that advantage is gone...

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
        And you really think he had something to do with winning any of those other than hiring the right coach?
        he paid the tab.

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post
        Uh ya, in 1996.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        92, 93, 95. Hard enough to win one per year, much less 3.

Comment

I still find it so odd that people are so mad at JJ and constantly blame him for everything. The only thing he should deserve blame for is how long it has taken him to see that the coaching staff is not very good.

The Al Davis and JJ comparisons are ridiculous. GMs are in charge of building up talented teams. Coaches are in charge of getting those teams to play at a high level. JJ and his son Stephen have done a phenomenal job of finding great players through the draft and even some through free agency. Al Davis was awful at finding talent and constantly threw away draft capital. He also drafted some of the worst busts to ever get drafted. Not that long ago Dallas was 13-3. One year they even had 13 pro bowlers all on the same team. And they flopped in the playoffs. Year in and year out they could not win big games. The players have all changed since the days of Romo, yet the results are the same. You can blame JJ if you want, but IMO he has done what a GM is supposed to do except that he held on to the coaching staff too long.

I firmly believe that a new HC should be given 4 years minimum to implement a new program. And for a while I bought into the way Garrett lead. His one day at a time philosophy is exactly what you should do as a football team. The way his players talk about him and his leadership speaks for itself, save for Dez Bryant which everyone on here bashed for years until he said something bad about Garrett. But Garret's inability to make good decisions within a football game and not being flexible is why they are not consistent. Belichick is a genius not because he has the perfect system, but because he makes his system fit the strengths of his team. He is flexible and will do whatever will help his team win, regardless of how it is done.

The last thing I will say, if people really think JJ is "calling the plays" or trying to "coach" the team, you have no clue how a football staff operates. It would be impossible to do that unless you were engaged and involved in the practices on a daily basis. Most people have very little knowledge of how a football game is actually called from the sideline and what all is involved in the process. I used to think I knew a lot about football because I played and because I loved the game more than anyone I was around... Until I became a football coach. I then realized how little I (and most all football fans) actually knew about the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
            where on earth does this JG to NY come from?

Tony Romo said that Garrett was one of those "smartest guys in the room" types and he very well may be. I think at this stage of the game if Jerry is a hindrance on coaching (cough-cough) that Garrett will tell him the truth. I would like to believe that with the bromance that these two have that Jerry will take a chance to slightly step away and either hire a GM or make JG assistant GM to buffer the BS.....we will see. coming up on 25 years
            NY Giants have expressed an interest in him if JJ lets him go. I guess it is coming from Gettleman and the Maras. That rumor has been long standing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
              the good news is that in 2020 the Cowboys only play 5 games against teams that had a winning record in 2019. So maybe 11-5 is a possibility.
              7 games against teams with a 2019 winning record. (PHIx2, SEA, SF, BAL, LAR, MIN)

Wo we will win the east at 9-7

Comment

Best thing to happen for the cowboys would be for Jerry Jones to sell the team.

Comment

I believe that regardless of rings & trophies, Jerry is a savvy business man who’s real focus is on net worth..... they haven’t won a Super bowl in years yet his team is worth $5.5 billion per Forbes ($1.4 billion more than the Patriots). That would pay for a whole bunch of massages for Kraft

The Dallas Cowboys have again topped the chart for the NFL’s most valuable team as relaxed ownership and debt rules and the prospect of lucrative media deals have boosted average club values by 11% in the past year.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                    Best thing to happen for the cowboys would be for Jerry Jones to sell the team.
                    The best thing for the Cowboys?? The Cowboys organization is worth 5.5 Billion. Jerry paid 150 million. I would say Jerry is running a great business. Now, the fans may not be happy with the team’s performance & want him gone. Maybe the best thing to happen for Cowboy fans would be for Jerry to sell the team, but the Cowboys are doing great.

Jerry is doing something right - he is making money & probably don’t care what we think.
                    The Cowboys are the NFL's most valuable franchise for the 13th straight year. The $5.5 billion value is 20% more than the next most valuable sports team, baseball's New York Yankees. The Cowboys generated operating income of $420 million during the 2018 season, more than any team in any sport has ever earned.

Comment

Every minute that passes and Garrett isn't fired/released/not renewed means he's most likely going to be extended as the HC. I guarantee he told Jerry everything he wanted to hear yesterday at the meeting. Hell, had they fired the kicker after week four, they probably win the division. Being dead *** last in special teams cost them at least the division. Say what you want to about Garrett but the guy has an Ivy league degree, he isn't as dumb as some of y'all believe he is...

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                        Good, with the talent on that team, no reason to go 8-8.
                        If the girls had so much “Talent” why are they 8-8......again? I don’t believe I ever saw the coach or any coach for that matter drop a single pass, throw an incompletion or interception, called for a penalty, miss a tackle, failed to block, miss a field goal, etc etc etc. the players suk bottom line. They have for the last 20 plus years. No matter who jerry picks to “Lead” the girls they will suk, but this time they’ll suk with a new coach. Don’t believe me, just look at the last 20+ years. LOL

Comment

Had to be some talent there, one of the highest rank offense this year. Can’t say that for the defense. It’s the coaching staffs job to put the pieces together in such way to make the team
                          Most successful. Utilize the teams talents the best way possible.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                            If the girls had so much “Talent” why are they 8-8......again? I don’t believe I ever saw the coach or any coach for that matter drop a single pass, throw an incompletion or interception, called for a penalty, miss a tackle, failed to block, miss a field goal, etc etc etc. the players suk bottom line. They have for the last 20 plus years. No matter who jerry picks to “Lead” the girls they will suk, but this time they’ll suk with a new coach. Don’t believe me, just look at the last 20+ years. LOL

I'm curious who your team is... you sound more like a hater vs a realists. Coming into the season, they had pro-bowlers all over the field. 2 linebackers, a corner, a DE several offensive lineman, a wr, a rb and even a qb. They definitely have skilled players on the field but for whatever reason they can never get it together. A coaching change is atleast a starting point however if JJ doesn't step back and let someone else take over they will continue to disappoint fans and underachieve.

Comment

I promise you this flop was just not on the coaches, but you can’t fire 53 players.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                                Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                                I'm curious who your team is... you sound more like a hater vs a realists. Coming into the season, they had pro-bowlers all over the field. 2 linebackers, a corner, a DE several offensive lineman, a wr, a rb and even a qb. They definitely have skilled players on the field but for whatever reason they can never get it together. A coaching change is atleast a starting point however if JJ doesn't step back and let someone else take over they will continue to disappoint fans and underachieve.
                                Skilled players no doubt. Of course they made errors throughout the season with drop passes and so on but none of them respect Garret at all, respect is earned. I just hope JJ will give the next coach the reigns more and allow him to make calls, Garret literally only had control over time outs and whether to go for it or not. Thats about it... pitiful leadership from the sidelines.

Comment

Working...
                                X