No announcement yet.

Perfect cup of coffee confusing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to drink the dark roast coffees until I realized that it really tastes like burnt beans.

I prefer a medium to light/medium roast. I’m not terribly picky on brands as most of the big commercial coffees are going to taste pretty much the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
      No matter what you make it with, buy real coffee not Folgers. If you buy the big bag of real coffee its not much more than folgers and it tastes good.

I use a plastic single cup pour over like my grandmother taught me. French press is good too. Good coffee is just fine out of a classic coffee maker too.

I’ve never understood keurigs. I can make a single cup of pour over in the same amount of time and way better.
      Yea i cant do K-cups, no flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        I used to drink the dark roast coffees until I realized that it really tastes like burnt beans.

I prefer a medium to light/medium roast. I’m not terribly picky on brands as most of the big commercial coffees are going to taste pretty much the same.

I just got this one in. It’s probably sitting more towards a medium roast. I’m really enjoying the flavor of this one. Doesn’t have that burnt flavor.
        May be my new favorite.

Comment

Going hard core in tribute to the new decade
          Medium kono roast, HEB, looks good black as pitch, strong bold
          Double filters, bottle water 9.5 tablespoons to 12 cups water
          Has a tart finish

Had to drink hospital coffee yesterday OMG you don’t realize how bad you have it till you get mass brewing

Just had my second cup and this might be the winner,
          Attached Files
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-01-2020, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
            Yea i cant do K-cups, no flavor.
            Green mountain southern pecan in a k-cup is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like HEB Houston Blend. I have a Keurig but it doesn’t make as good of coffee as a regular pot.

Have a buddy who will make a strong pot of Folgers. Then he’ll put that coffee back into the water reservoir and brew it a 2nd time. I found out that he did this when he poured me a cup out of his thermos while we were in the duck blind. I almost spit it up it was so awful.
              Last edited by Grizz83; 01-01-2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I have found a sweet spot with the HEB San Antonio coffee. It doenst take much to make it bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                  Had the stuff in the yellow can . It was alright.
                  Yessir, the yellow can is their Chicory coffee. I like it, but my wife doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by texasproud11 View Post
                    I’ll preface by saying I’m a coffee nerd and love the process, technique, challenge and reward of precise coffee brewing, which may sound weird but this is also a bow hunting forum [emoji28]. If you like it muddy and dark, French press is the way to go. Technically light roast drip coffee has far more caffeine (stronger even than most espresso) but lacks the burnt flavor most people wrongly associate with strong coffee which is probably what your wife is talking about. Coffee companies burn their coffee because it creates consistency and it’s more difficult to roast coffee in mass from so many different farms and farmers to quality profiles. Therefore it’s burned and served in mass and hey it gets the job done. Many large roasting houses see a value in a “light” roast and offer a variety too. You could French press light roasted coffee and be at a happy middle ground of dark, muddy, unburnt coffee. By the way, flavor in coffee is highly effected by freshness of the bean and grind. Better flavor is had by brewing coffee within 5 mins of the grind and within 2 weeks of its roasting. There’s tons of local companies, some with great causes behind them that provide whole bean coffee that are worth your dollar. They don’t tell you what the “roast” is as it is almost always specific to the bean but it’s usually something you would consider a medium to medium light roast.

Lots of good info.

A local shop in the area has GREAT beans, but if they aren’t used in a week they go rancid. I immediately vacuum seal them every time I break the seal-that helps them last longer.

Makes you wonder what all is put into beans that will smell the same for months or even years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                      French press was the bomb, until I discovered the Aeropress. No comparison. Now roast and grind my own, so if it's not perfect every time it's my fault.

My favorite, too. I just wish they made a bigger one.

Comment

Kopi Luwak

[emoji23]

Comment

Ground up some whole beans of a mystery mix , cannot tell if I ground them down to correct size , coffee has a close to bitter taste so some sugar and cream made it better
                          Learning what consistency to grind beans is a new lesson

Comment

Sitting here drinking a cup of Folgers instant coffee and I wish I could cut my tongue off.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                              Sitting here drinking a cup of Folgers instant coffee and I wish I could cut my tongue off.
                              My condolences sir

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                                Kopi Luwak

[emoji23]

I prefer to DIY Kopi Luwak, much cheaper and you get the satisfaction of enjoying your own brew and enjoying the coffee twice!

Comment

Working...
                                X