No announcement yet.

Perfect cup of coffee confusing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 heaping teaspoons of Folgers classic roast per 12 cups of water. Perfect every time.

Comment

No matter what you make it with, buy real coffee not Folgers. If you buy the big bag of real coffee its not much more than folgers and it tastes good.

I use a plastic single cup pour over like my grandmother taught me. French press is good too. Good coffee is just fine out of a classic coffee maker too.

I’ve never understood keurigs. I can make a single cup of pour over in the same amount of time and way better.

Comment

Coffee is nasty any way you brew it. I’ll occasionally drink it if I’m hung over or real tired or don’t have a Monster around. I make what I call supercharged coffee. Whatever they got in the office plus a tablespoon of Folgers instant coffee and some sugar. It’ll get you right.

Comment

Full pot of water and a full filter of Folgers dark coffee it will be good.

Comment

Your cup of coffee was bound to be horrible based on "Folgers".

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              Ok now how to fill a 20oz yeti cup with a Keurig single cup maker
              I inherited one from the MIL but don’t have any cartridges yet
              And any recommendations on the cartridges flavor and brand?
              That picture gives me anxiety

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                Coffee is nasty any way you brew it. I’ll occasionally drink it if I’m hung over or real tired or don’t have a Monster around. I make what I call supercharged coffee. Whatever they got in the office plus a tablespoon of Folgers instant coffee and some sugar. It’ll get you right.

Comment

ok

Comment

If you can see through the coffee pot after making it, then it's not strong enough. At work we use two packs of coffee (pack supposed to be 8 cups) and two filters so the water flows slower.
                    At home, I started making coffee the cowboy way. Warm water in coffee pot on gas stove. I use 1/4 cup of grounds to a quart of water. Bring water with grounds in there to a rolling boil for 4-5 minutes and turn off heat. Pour a little cold water down the spout and around the top of the pot to make the grounds settle.
                    I do not get indigestion when made that way. I will let whatever coffee I didn't drink that day cool and have warmed it up the next day and tasted just as good as fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      That picture gives me anxiety
                      If you don’t get high you can’t get high anxiety

Again how many cartridges does it take to fill a yeti 20oz cup
                      Any hacks to fill it without brew ,fill repeat, repeat
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-29-2019, 01:56 AM. Reason: People are nervously freaked

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                        No matter what you make it with, buy real coffee not Folgers. If you buy the big bag of real coffee its not much more than folgers and it tastes good.

I use a plastic single cup pour over like my grandmother taught me. French press is good too. Good coffee is just fine out of a classic coffee maker too.

I’ve never understood keurigs. I can make a single cup of pour over in the same amount of time and way better.

We had some Folgers leftover from church
                        But mainly use HEB San Antonio blended or Austin blend

Comment

For my Bunn pot I use 12 tablespoons of Community Dark roast for 10 cups. I like to taste my coffee. In my French press, I use 2 tablespoons per cup.

Comment

If you don’t get high you can’t get high anxiety

Again how many cartridges does it take to fill a yeti 20oz cup
                            Any hacks to fill it without brew ,fill repeat, repeat
                            I brew a cup at a time into smaller coffee cup and dump into yeti. As for k-cups, we run the Solimo dark roast off amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                              Your cup of coffee was bound to be horrible based on "Folgers".
                              Winner^^. A good cup of coffee starts with good coffee.

Comment

Ok I hate my wife’s coffee “”taste like patty water””
                                She hates mine “”taste like mud “”
                                So I am trying to follow the instructions
                                Mr coffee says put water to the 12 line to make 10 cups of coffee
                                Folgers says 1 tablespoonful of coffee per 6oz cup
                                HEB says 2 tablespoons per cup or one package per pot ( it has 9 tablespoons in the package)
                                Internet says 3/4 cup of coffee per pot of water

After getting totally confused reading all that for a mr coffee machine
                                I figured I would consult the GS

All I want is a good cup of coffee in the morning with no complaints from the wife
                                It is confusing because there is no such thing that any three people randomly chosen will agree with.

Simply read this thread and you will probably find 20 different ways/brands/devices/strengths to make that perfect cup.... all of which tastes differently.

Come back tomorrow and it will probably be 40.

Comment

Working...
                                X