Performance hunting clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
    So the badlands mutton base layer a good option? Pretty good price with the discount.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
    Yup, especially with the discount, it's a steal.
    Hope so, I just bought a couple of tops and bottoms with the 50% off sale.

Comment

really wanted the mutton long sleeve also but theyre out of most sizes

Comment

I have both KUIU and Sitka, your not going to go wrong either way. I’d say overall I prefer the Sitka to the KUIU but honestly I can’t tell you why, it’s just what I wear more. Go with whichever one you like the look of more. I’ve had both for several years and used both about equally no complaints yet.

Comment

Minus 33 for merino baselayers and I have a mixture of outerwear, kuiu mostly, FL and alittle sitka.

They are all good but I prefer the athletic fit of kuiu.

Comment

Any of you Kuiu guys want a deal on a closet full, I have been kicking around the idea of selling off all of my stuff, as western big game hunting just isn’t in the cards for me for at least the next couple of years.

I have hesitated because I have a LOT of stuff...I would guess around 20-30 pieces and a retail value of $3,500-4,000. Would be looking to unload it all to one buyer or a couple of guys could split it up, I don’t want to go piecemeal.

Most everything is Verde with just a couple of Vias pieces. All in the 34-36” waist range on pants and XL to XXL on tops, maybe also a couple of 3XL, I would have to look.

Comment

Overall Sitka is king IMO. The thing that makes it edge Kuiu is its consistency and it fits like it should. Other than that you can find lines with each that do the exact same thing. There is one piece Kuiu has that you don’t get with the others and that is the merino zip off bottoms and that’s something everyone will love. Keep in mind no company makes the best of everything.

It’s good to look into some hiking brands also though as you can get some of the same gear cheaper without the camo

Here is an idea of what I take 99% of the time

Kuiu merino top and zip off bottoms
              Sitka 90% jacket or Sitka core heavyweight hoodie
              Sitka Ascent pants or Marmot Scree pants (marmot is slightly warmer)
              Sitka Kelvin down hooded jacket
              Sitka stormfront raingear
              Currently RAB gaiters but by next hunt will be moved to Kuiu
              Last edited by bphillips; 12-29-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Man this has had some good info and I see that they have features I didn’t even know about. Going to hit up the stores and get a feel for the product on the shelf. Now to get serious on the fitness.

All this cold weather talk as I sit in the deer blind with a pair of pants and a t-shirt

Comment

Can someone post a link where Badlands can be found 50% off plz.
                  I find lots of sites but not the 1/2 price stuff. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jdavidson View Post
                    Can someone post a link where Badlands can be found 50% off plz.
                    I find lots of sites but not the 1/2 price stuff. Thanks

Code is GOODBYE2019

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
                      thanks !

Comment

I would encourage anyone in the market to try on (if possible) before committing to a brand based on fit. What fits better for one person won’t fit another. And just because one brand has certain things that may work better for you it doesn’t mean that other pieces from other quality brands won’t work. I’ve got a ton of Kuiu, Sitka and First Lite. For me, I’m not a fan of the way Sitka fits for active hunting. It may work for you. But when I’m packing for an elk hunt or a mule deer hunt I’ve got a hodge podge that I’ll take with me because trial and error has taught me what works best for ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                          I would encourage anyone in the market to try on (if possible) before committing to a brand based on fit. What fits better for one person won’t fit another. And just because one brand has certain things that may work better for you it doesn’t mean that other pieces from other quality brands won’t work. I’ve got a ton of Kuiu, Sitka and First Lite. For me, I’m not a fan of the way Sitka fits for active hunting. It may work for you. But when I’m packing for an elk hunt or a mule deer hunt I’ve got a hodge podge that I’ll take with me because trial and error has taught me what works best for ME.
                          Kuiu and Sitka should fit the same with Kuiu its just figuring out what size actually fits. I might have medium large and Xl where Sitka I can get all the same size. Makes it simple when the measurements online work

The hodge podge way definitely ends up being better overall picking the best of each
                          Last edited by bphillips; 12-29-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

sitka…...all the way. I wish I would have used their stuff years ago. it costs an arm and a leg but I don't even use heaters in the blind.....their stuff has been DURABLE even in cactus....everything is well thought out, warm and lightweight......like its made with fairy dust. if youre in houston west Houston archery has sitka

Comment

Working...
                            X