No announcement yet.

Performance hunting clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big fan of Sitka. If you can get past the price and figure out what layering works for your needs you’ll not want to use anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've gotten rid of everything else and am 100% KUIU now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Kuiu for me. Comfortable and holding up good.

Comment

Kuiu. It’s much lighter than Sitka and plenty warm for my needs of I layer correctly

Comment

If you really want to research the subject and what works for the various types of hunting out west, get on Rokslide forum. It’s an invaluable resource for information on all things out west. Most people will end up buying way more stuff than they need. If you are packing in, with weight on your back, you’ll need less clothing, even in colder temps. Once you get to a glassing spot, or a location that you are not moving, a good down puffy over your base layers will cover you 75% of them time. You have to factor in where your are hunting, time of year, “possible” types of weather.....etc.

Comment

I have a ton of Kuiu and Sitka. Kuiu wins if you’re moving while hunting. It’s lightweight. Sitka shines when hunting stationary. Where it really outperforms Kuiu is it’s ability to block the wind.

My Sitka merino base layers are the best hunting clothes items I own.

Comment

First things first I have to get back in shape but will be looking for a good base layer, jacket pants and a vest coupled with good gloves and rain gear.

Looking forward to some new experiences away from a blind

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                  I have a ton of Kuiu and Sitka. Kuiu wins if you’re moving while hunting. It’s lightweight. Sitka shines when hunting stationary. Where it really outperforms Kuiu is it’s ability to block the wind.

I didn’t completely buy into Sitka being with it. However, I have the core heavy base layers and unreal! Hunter a few weeks ago in the base , and early season pants and jacket - 35 Deg light N wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                    First things first I have to get back in shape but will be looking for a good base layer, jacket pants and a vest coupled with good gloves and rain gear.

Looking forward to some new experiences away from a blind
                    Buying expensive hunting gear is a good motivator to get and stay fit... wife would be pretty ticked off if I had to buy more cause I got fat! Which reminds me... I need to watch it the rest of the holidays or I will be in this predicament lol

Comment

Just picked up the new badlands reactor pack, mutton leggings and the rifle boot to carry the bog death grip tripod for $120 shipped thanks to the year end sale

Comment

I am slowly transitioning to mostly KUIU, great product once you find what fits you.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

Agree with this 100% until the last sentence but to each their own.

I prefer the First Lite merino (if there is a need for camo base layers on your hunt) or SmartWool has some great stuff if you are ok with solids. The one things I will not budge on with my standard gear is plenty of zippers. I will only buy merino shirts that are quarter or half zip. I won’t buy pants without hip vents. And I won’t buy jackets (other than insulation layers) that don’t have pit vents. Those things allow me to regulate temp on the fly and that is important when you are hunting out west.

Comment

This is good stuff (info).

Comment

I’ve enjoyed some “predator” Camo I used this year. Really fits n feels good. Some colors appear shiny to me, but the fall grey doesn’t. Have some Sitka That is nice but $$$. I’m too fat for Kuiu [emoji6]

Comment

Kuiu zip-off base layers are awesome if your going to be moving and it warms up.

Comment

Working...
                                X