No announcement yet.

Chandeleur Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going the end of April...going with Bourgeois Charters. Always a great time.

Comment

About a month and a half away fellas. When is everyone planning on arriving ?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
        About a month and a half away fellas. When is everyone planning on arriving ?
        I’m going to try to be in Biloxi around 3pm. The earlier we all get there and loaded the earlier the boat will leave. Dinner isn’t included on the first night so make sure you get there in time to get something to eat.

Comment

Think we we’re going to leave Fort Bend county about 9 am. That should put us there around the same time. See you July 8th

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            I’m going to try to be in Biloxi around 3pm. The earlier we all get there and loaded the earlier the boat will leave. Dinner isn’t included on the first night so make sure you get there in time to get something to eat.
            I'm all for leaving early!

Did we ever get an okay for a shark rig?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              If you don't like sharks, you best not even go to the Chandeleur's!! They've never bothered me, but a few guys that have gone out with us over the years, would not get out the boat after the first morning wade... They've never bothered me, but I've seen 'em from the air while fishing via a float plane, and there are a bunch of BIG sharks all around those islands, a LOT of 'em!! And at certain times, there are a lot of big stingrays too... Now those suckers bother me... Got hit once... don't ever want to experience that again!!

Still, that's my favorite place on the planet to fish!!
              We caught a big ray well over 150lbs one night off the back of our mother boat on our shark rod. Took almost an hour to get that pig in lol !

Comment

Wings off a decent ray is some fine eating!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Puerto Vallarta this week
                  Venice next week
                  Chandeleur then following.

Ready for same salt.

Comment

25 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck guys we I will be watching from the side line!

Comment

19 days

Comment

10 days!
                          Mono or braid?
                          Just got back from Venice catching red with spinner baits. That was weird ( to me )

Comment

Chandeleur Islands

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            10 days!
                            Mono or braid?
                            Just got back from Venice catching red with spinner baits. That was weird ( to me )

I run braid on everything. Some times I run a fluoro leader, some times straight braid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              I run braid on everything. Some times I run a fluoro leader, some times straight braid.

I do the same.

Coming up quick. My last 2 trips have been skunks, seadrift and Sabine. I'm ready to catch some!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                                I do the same.

Coming up quick. My last 2 trips have been skunks, seadrift and Sabine. I'm ready to catch some!

I won’t have anymore practice sessions before the trip, but I feel ready. I have to make one last academy trip before we leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X