• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
    You snack on butter??
    #Heart Health

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Everyone I know who has done the Keto diet, atkins, paleo, weight watchers (wife included). Has gone right back to where they used to be after stopping. You have to make a lifestyle change.
      Yeah the sad part is realizing how few calories you actually need per day vs what you are cramming down your gullet.....

Comment

Everyone I know who has done the Keto diet, atkins, paleo, weight watchers (wife included). Has gone right back to where they used to be after stopping. You have to make a lifestyle change.

I agree. When my blood pressure and cholesterol where too high in '16, I knew I had to make changes. I started with intermittent fasting, one meal a day for 20 days then went to the Proverbs 23:2 diet plan. If a man be given to appetite, let him put a knife to his throat. Dieting is pure physics. If you eat more than you burn,you gain weight and your health suffers. In a years time I dropped 80 pounds and have kept it off. Went from 272 to 183. After remarrying I'm holding 193-195 for 2 years now. My blood pressure is normal and my cholesterol is good. But 20 years of eating abuse has taken its toll. I have a very slight blockage in my neck artery. I personally suggest a food scale, a calorie app and a notebook. And exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I dropped 60 pounds on keto in 4 1/2 months 233 to 173. Keto combined with hitting the gym has gotten me in the best shape of my life. In a nutshell, my diet consists of all types of meats, mainly fish, venison and beef; green veggies, some tomatoes and berries, and nuts and cheese. I never got into to all those special oils and fat bomb crap. I just cook my meat in olive oil and eat other healthy fats. No supplements required. Although until you figure out your routine, a multivitamin is a good idea. I will also say that in my experience, every person that has tried to knock keto has either no idea what they are talking about, or they tried it, did it wrong and it ended up giving them health complications or they didn’t get the results they wanted. It’s a science.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer-1 View Post
            I agree. When my blood pressure and cholesterol where too high in '16, I knew I had to make changes. I started with intermittent fasting, one meal a day for 20 days then went to the Proverbs 23:2 diet plan. If a man be given to appetite, let him put a knife to his throat. Dieting is pure physics. If you eat more than you burn,you gain weight and your health suffers. In a years time I dropped 80 pounds and have kept it off. Went from 272 to 183. After remarrying I'm holding 193-195 for 2 years now. My blood pressure is normal and my cholesterol is good. But 20 years of eating abuse has taken its toll. I have a very slight blockage in my neck artery. I personally suggest a food scale, a calorie app and a notebook. And exercise.

Hormonal response to the macronutrients we consume makes it much more complicated than simply calories in and calories out.

Comment

Start slow. Just cut a few carbs overall and start with a 16/8 IF window.. you'll lose some.. then go full keto with a 20/4 IF window, then carnivore on an OMAD window.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dr Berg on YouTube is a good source. Lots of videos on keto including how to start the program. I did it for about 6mos and lost 50lbs. I have not done keto in over a year and have kept all the weight off. I eat more carbs now but nothing like I used to. I think the biggest key is cutting sugar out of your diet. I know it sounds crazy but there is good substitutes. Ice cream- enlightened keto butter pecan-at sprouts, candy- choc-zero - on Amazon, Dr Pepper type- Dr zevia at sprouts,

Also in the beginning you will need a lot of electrolytes, order Nuun tablets on Amazon and drop into a sparkling water - topo Chico type drink- tastes good too.

I’m 41 and feel the best I have in 20 years, tons of energy, just had to buy a whole new wardrobe, I’m a believer

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                  Hormonal response to the macronutrients we consume makes it much more complicated than simply calories in and calories out.

Agreed. I changed my diet to healthy eating. Grilled meat, veggies and fruits. Limited the starches and fats. Got rid of all cooking oils, peanut butter, butter and sugar, including iced tea and soda. Limited my self to 8 oz of milk and one sandwich bread a day. And had to cut back, way back on the beers to stay at my calorie needs. For the work I do, I kept track of calcium, potassium, proteins and all the other goodies my body needed. My diet changed several times as my needs changed. I just don't think a set diet plan works for everyone the same. Someone sitting idle doesn't need the protein and potassium levels I do. When I started experiencing brain fog, I knew I needed fats. Fatigued, more carbs. As my weight changed,so did my need. My main exercise was cardio. Fast walking and biking. After I lost the weight I hit the gym with weights. My protein needs changed again to build muscle mass back. Im not knocking the Keto plan. One set plan didn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                    Wrong
                    my cholesterol went up. I had to stop.

Comment

We did the research found multiple recipes all over and even adapted severalold favorites. Still had to search to get up to speed. Took some time but I had it to give back then. Was flipping through the channels last weekend and came across dr axe on pbs. I watched a while waiting for the wife to get ready for a party. He was in line with berg and some of the others. He did have a first month start guide, meal planner and shopping list.

Comment

I agree with the lifestyle change. I did this(keto) over 2 years ago. I lost a lot of weight quickly and have kept the same weight since. You need to decide if you are willing to give up bread, taters & fries. ( and I don't eat veggies)You can have a cheat day every couple weeks or so, but otherwise, you need to be "all in" or it ain't gonna work.

When I do have a cheat day, my body lets me know it ain't happy. Good luck in your adventure.

Comment

I have been doing Keto now for 325 days. I keep a journal of tasks at work and write down my weight and consecutive days of keto. I have lost 45# and feel the best I have in ages. We get an very extensive physical every January so I am looking forward to the blood work results. It’s not difficult and has been very beneficial, good luck and keep us up to date with your results.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            I'm not into skipping lunch or any other meal. Hopefully that's not a necessary part of the plan.
                            PM me your email and I will send you a great eBook...not keto 100% but modern diet by a dr. and all great and easy to follow.

will send to anyone for that matter

Merry Christmas

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
                              You snack on butter??
                              Dude if you try the kerrygold stuff... you'll understand. My wife makes fun of me still tho

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                                my cholesterol went up. I had to stop.
                                Just depends. This hugely hinges on n consumptions of LOTS of veggies, especially dark greens. Knew a guy in the steel mill that basically ate bacon and eggs everyday for breakfast and then lots of veggies with quality proteins , and it really helped him bring his cholesterol down.

Comment

Working...
                                X