No announcement yet.

200 Inch Plus Bucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexico, in response to the original post, I do agree that 200" isn't that big a deal anymore. 200" is very common, and I don't give them as much attention as I would have 10 years ago.

But, the vast majority of deer hunters will never kill one, and I still do enjoy seeing big deer.

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
    HF is not hunting. I don't care how big your pen is. It is shooting. Period.
    I love the eliteists!

I like killing ****.
    I don't care about the height of the fence.
    My biggest buck is over 200", it came out of a high fence ranch, and I shot it with a rifle.
    When it goes on my wall, I won't have any problem telling anyone that asks, the facts.
    I also don't care if you agree with it, or not. It's not your deer.
    Given the opportunity, I'd do it all over again, with a big smile on my face.

If any of you "pass" on the chance to kill a big deer, please pass it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
      I have never seen a deer over 150 in the wild....EVER
      Me either....saw my biggest buck a few days ago. 30 years on the same lease and he was at less than 10 yds for more than 30 min. Just could not get drawn with iut him or the other deer seeing me. He was probably 145.
      I would not trade that experience for any buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
        You are a hunter. They are buyers. End of thread.
        Here we go again!

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Some of us have express this same opinion for years and call jealous we cant afford one.
        So to answer your question...if its 200 I'm 99% certain I wont care about the story. That 1% are the exception and interesting
        Another example of how HF deer take away from old school hunting. HF guys can swear all day long it doesn't... But this thread proves it. If you actually manage to kill a beast on LF most people won't even give you 2 seconds. They'll think it's from a HF, think it got out of a HF, or don't care because they have seen too many big ones on social media..

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
        So given the opportunity to shoot a 200"+ deer behind a high fence for free you would just flat decline it? If I said "hey ABCD I just booked you a hunt on this place go shoot a big deer on me", your response would be "no"????
        I'd hunt behind a HF. Hunting is hunting (or buying) or killing is killing. Some may be easier or harder but it's all fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
          Man I didn’t know you thought so much of me that one comment would hurt your feelings so bad that you are still thinking about it weeks later!!!
          Dang what did I miss here?

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
            It’s not the height of the fence that ruins it for me it is the breeding. The science projects don’t get a second look from me.

this here. and Ive hunted both.

Ask me to kill a 200" deer with a yaupon on his head of a slick 180" 10 point Im leaving the freak show for the 10

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
              So given the opportunity to shoot a 200"+ deer behind a high fence for free you would just flat decline it? If I said "hey ABCD I just booked you a hunt on this place go shoot a big deer on me", your response would be "no"????
              Non native genetics, I would try to politely decline and offer to go to watch.

Just doesn’t do it for me. That’s a far cry from me putting someone else down for liking to do it.

Native deer Hf or low I’m there in a second gun in hand, though the likelihood of me shooting something is very very low.

People have preferences. That’s ok. What’s not ok is saying your preferences are the only “right” way to do things, and everyone else is stupid or lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                I still like big deer.

I don't care if they live in a high fence.

I don't care if their parents were born in a pen.

I don't care if they have a hole in their ear.

I still like low fence deer.

I like sitting at deer camp,
                sleeping in fancy lodges,
                sitting on the bank of a tank,
                dove hunting,
                getting up early,
                seeing the sun rise,
                watching the sun set,
                staying up later than I should,
                drinking bourbon,
                drinking beer,
                chasing quail,
                catching bass,
                napping on the couch between hunts,
                eating steaks outside,
                facebooking from a deer stand,
                watching a kid kill their first or tenth deer,
                chasing deer with dogs,
                trailing deer with dogs,
                watching a friend see deer they've never seen,
                taking wounded veterans hunting,
                telling big lies,
                talking ****,
                sharing deer pictures,
                guessing scores and age,
                and hearing other people's stories.

I'm not going to let social media, or what someone else thinks, or what a deer scores ruin what I love.

This sums it up for me...good post

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  Dang what did I miss here?
                  Sounds like drama I like it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    I remember back in the late 80's if I was mounting a wild free range 165" deer 40 people would stop to see it.... Now nope.. Scores on whitetail have become so stupid high and the prices have gotten so ridiculous that a lot of people are just turned off by the whole "score thang" anymore..
                    Never thought of it like that.I can remember going with my dad,to look at a 160" buck;at the feed store.There were 5 other guys standing there oohing,and ahhing.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      this here. and Ive hunted both.

Ask me to kill a 200" deer with a yaupon on his head of a slick 180" 10 point Im leaving the freak show for the 10
                      You need to solve some crimes or something.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I think we need to support everyone that hunts, and not look down on people who hunt different than we do. Some bow hunters think gun hunters are cheating, hunting is a dying sport, let's keep it going as long as we can. So if you like to hunt behind a fence, I hope you kill a giant!
                        Right now this 9yo East Texas 8pt is priceless to me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s not the height of the fence that ruins it for me it is the breeding. The science projects don’t get a second look from me.
                          ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                            I think we need to support everyone that hunts, and not look down on people who hunt different than we do. Some bow hunters think gun hunters are cheating, hunting is a dying sport, let's keep it going as long as we can. So if you like to hunt behind a fence, I hope you kill a giant!
                            Right now this 9yo East Texas 8pt is priceless to me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Couldn't have said it better.
                            Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                              Wife showed me a picture of her friends husband with a 250"+ deer he killed with his bow. Wife said; "You've hunted since you were a kid and never killed a deer like that. He just started a few years ago and kills a huge deer every year.". I said, "honey, you hand me the checkbook and I can kill a bigger one tomorrow."
                              Most non hunters don’t understand the difference. I see it all the time as well. A friend asked me to help him video a place a few weeks ago. I went knowing nothing about the ranch. I filmed three bucks from my stand. All were in the 250 inch range. I mentioned that they looked really young and was told they were 2 year olds. Crazy times. I don’t knock it at all. I love it when people ask me why, as a lifelong bowhunter, i can’t kill a big deer like that. There aren’t any were i hunt! Doesn’t bother me that there are options for people to do it though. At least they are enjoying time in the outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                                I don't really have a problem with large high fence places. Its the kick and shoot and introduced genetics that don't do anything for me.
                                So when someone posts a huge non-typical and says it's LF does anyone buy what they're selling?

Is it just coincidence that bucks have gotten much larger of LF properties at the same time these HF breeding places grew out of control?

Comment

Working...
                                X