This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    Texas was hooked at the hip to Baylor and Tech by the legislature. SEC wasn't taking those guys.
    Yep, that's what most people don't get or forget. As THE flagship university in Texas we don't get to just worry about ourselves. If UT and ATM would have bolted to the SEC those programs go down in flames without a conference. At one point in all of this UT was looking at Big 10 as well but "there was a Tech problem" as the Big 10 wasn't taking Tech (for academic reasons if I remember correctly; research, etc.). That is also why the PAC 12 worked (I didn't like it) as they were willing to take all 4 and the Oklahoma schools. OU hitched their wagon to Texas and through similar legislature OSU is tied to OU. So for UT and OU it was all or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
      Yep, that's what most people don't get or forget. As THE flagship university in Texas we don't get to just worry about ourselves. If UT and ATM would have bolted to the SEC those programs go down in flames without a conference. At one point in all of this UT was looking at Big 10 as well but "there was a Tech problem" as the Big 10 wasn't taking Tech (for academic reasons if I remember correctly; research, etc.). That is also why the PAC 12 worked (I didn't like it) as they were willing to take all 4 and the Oklahoma schools. OU hitched their wagon to Texas and through similar legislature OSU is tied to OU. So for UT and OU it was all or nothing.
      And it looks like it's pretty clearly a big pile of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        Throw Chip Long into Texas OC mix. Not sure what went down with him and ND for them to part ways with him after 32 wins in three seasons.
        Well, that's much more inline with my Christmas wish list. Somebody with a little more experience than the other names floating around.

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
        EJ Smith to Stanford.

It’s Evans or bust for the Aggies. They got 2 signed but HAVE to land Evans.
        You can’t miss out on all of the top 5 RB in Texas..... Demas thinks we get Evans. We will see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        They don't want to play at CS. Ya'lls O-lineman are thin-chested!!

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
          And it looks like it's pretty clearly a big pile of nothing.
          What is a big pile of nothing? All the success ATM has had in the SEC, especially in football? 3rd and 4th place finishes in division are great when you can beat your chest about how great Bama and LSU are...

Again, ATM was able to go out on their own without worrying about anybody else. Congrats to ATM. Texas and OU weren't due to being THE state school(s).

Comment

Things could always be worse...

Comment

Gilbert signeddddddd!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                Gilbert signeddddddd!!!!

Thank Goodness! That guy is special. I can't believe Maryland......Kid must of been really scared of home sickness. Oh well, our D should be stacked for the next several years and Offense will be OK. Going to be a good ride for a while down on da Bayou!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  Gilbert signeddddddd!!!!

Comment

How many TexAgs threads have started over it, lol.

Some.....[emoji23]

Comment

Are you talking about this Gilbert? The Gatorade national player of the year?

Elite five-star tight end Arik Gilbert has officially signed with LSU. [tweet]1207352171517267968[/tweet] Gilbert, a 6-5, 253-pound prospect from Marietta,

Comment

2019 College Football - Bowl Season Bickerin'

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        EJ Smith to Stanford.

It’s Evans or bust for the Aggies. They got 2 signed but HAVE to land Evans.
                        You can’t miss out on all of the top 5 RB in Texas..... Demas thinks we get Evans. We will see

I’m concerned about this. Very concerned we will miss out. Call it BAS I guess.

Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 12-18-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          Thank Goodness! That guy is special. I can't believe Maryland......Kid must of been really scared of home sickness. Oh well, our D should be stacked for the next several years and Offense will be OK. Going to be a good ride for a while down on da Bayou!

Boutte, Burton, Moore, Gilbert, TDP, an emery we’ll be far greater than ok on O

Comment

2019 College Football - Bowl Season Bickerin'

Riley on suspensions: I'm aware of the report that's out there. Unfortunately at this time, I can't comment on it. #Sooners

And then this popped up.

Multiple sources have confirmed to SoonerScoop that Rhamondre Stevenson, Ronnie Perkins and Trejan Bridges have been suspended for the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Last edited by Chad C; 12-18-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                              Why is it assumed he is having a meltdown? The double bird may have been jokingly to Georgia when Card's LOI came in or to ole Jimbo when Broughton's LOI came in. Then again it could be meltdownish to Patterson when QJ's LOI was announced. Who knows.
                              Crashing and burning comes to mind

Comment

Man that’s rough.

Comment

Working...
                                X