No announcement yet.

Send some prayers up for NannySlayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to hear your back at work. Just remember to take it easy.

Comment

Good news!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to hear your "back" at it~!

Comment

Outstanding. Glad to hear you're back in the saddle.

Don't over do it, please.

Comment

Good to see you back on duty.

Comment

Nannyslayer sighting this weekend! It’s really good to see you back on your feet Steph! [emoji122][emoji122]

Comment

Two troublemakers right there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Two troublemakers right there!!!

Yea, well they showed up, you GOF slacker!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Bahahahaha 😂😂😂😂 Amen Slick......several of us weren’t skeeerrreedd!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      Bahahahaha [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Amen Slick......several of us weren’t skeeerrreedd!

I showed up just to whoop BurnADell’s arse, but he was too skeeeerrrreeed to meet me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                        I showed up just to whoop BurnADell’s arse, but he was too skeeeerrrreeed to meet me!

I knew there was a reason he didn’t show!!

Real good the see you at Bownanza Nanny!! And Joel and maybe Frank...

Comment

Thanks guys. I called it an early night Saturday night due to back pain from dancing and being all over the place on my feet but I tried to hang with the best of y’all.

Thanks for the pic, Joel! Great huggin your neck!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            I know. Ya got me there!

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                            I knew there was a reason he didn’t show!!
                            Pretty sure I could take you two girls now. Frank's marathoning has gotten his fat butt down to my whooping size, and Mikey's bad back would count him out!

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                            Thanks guys. I called it an early night Saturday night due to back pain from dancing and being all over the place on my feet but I tried to hang with the best of y’all.

Thanks for the pic, Joel! Great huggin your neck!

Steph, when healthy, I am absolutely certain you can out hang those wusses!!!

Comment

Haven’t followed up in a while. I’m not sure where I left off. So...

I went back to my FD shift 3 months post surgery in May 2019.

I reherniated my disc in October 2019.
                              I had the same surgery done in December 2019.

During the surgery my S1 nerve root was severed and I had a cerebrospinal fluid leak that left me immobile. They patched me up. I was in the hospital for a minute and they went they went thru my abdomen and did a fusion on my spine.

Lots of recovery since then.
                              Wheelchair to learning to walk again with a walker to eventually doing it on my own.
                              (shout out to those several TBH members that helped tend to my house and yard during this time of need! 100% I’ll forever be in your debt.)

LOTS OF PHYSICAL TORTURE, I mean THERAPY.
                              Crazy how I went from not being able to sweep my house floors to doing squats on a Bosu Ball at therapy.

My doc released me to go to light duty at work 3 months after my 3rd surgery.
                              I have to wear the Mack daddy back brace but I’m doing it.

Anyways, it’s almost 5 months post surgery and the doc cleared me for a light jog. So we tried it at therapy yesterday.

So, I jogged this week for the first time since surgery while I was at PT! It wasn’t for long but we just wanted to make sure it didn’t create any symptoms!

And I’m happy to announce No PAIN!
                              No back pain. No leg pain. Almost good as gold again.

YAYYYYYYY!!

I followup with my neuro in 2 months to find out about when I can go back to shift. If you asked me if I was ready now, I’d honestly say no. I’m 2 years into my career and I have 18+ years to go. Don’t need to jack myself up again and ruin it all.

Thanks for all the support and love and I appreciate my TBH family.

Comment

Medicine & it's advancement / capabilities of surgeons drs & PT, etc amaze me...wasn't too long ago where there weren't many options in your case & here we have a praise report.

Awesome to hear!!

Comment

Working...
                                X