Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
    Just a few
    this what our place looks like as well, and our place is about 70% oak trees....

Comment

Yeah. Acorns are a tough food source to hunt though.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        I think acorns are extinct in my area. Can't beat the deer away from my corn but I don't use that ok apple junk. Vanilla for me. May be you should be a PRO and try that Mr snowflakekilla. Geez
        Well I will just give it a try. Should I smoke my clothes first

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Bumper crop this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So y’all think deer aren’t coming to the feeders because of the acorns? Interestinggg

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Well I will just give it a try. Should I smoke my clothes first

Might work if your cloths are cotton but if you are wearing you normal polyester pants they will just melt and you want even keep the paper lit.

Comment

Dad collected me some burr oak acorns and I am going to throw them out under the feeder next weekend. If they want acorns I'm going to give them the biggest acorns around. LOL

Comment

Might work if your cloths are cotton but if you are wearing you normal polyester pants they will just melt and you want even keep the paper lit.

Comment

I have 30 oaks in my front yard so a lot of acorns have been falling in the bed of my truck since late Sept. I sweep them out of the bed into my feeder pen every time I go to the lease. Im covered up in 1.5 yr old bucks. Nothing shootable yet but I see a lot.

I'm not sure it's because of the acorns but they wipe out both the corn and acorns.

Comment

Now that's funny. I wear um really tight [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        Now that's funny. I wear um really tight [emoji23][emoji23]

Better not smoke em then.

Comment

Is there chance of acorns this year? Really worried about em cause I put out a bunch of corn

Comment

Probably won’t be as good as previous years due to the lack of rain

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                              Is there chance of acorns this year? Really worried about em cause I put out a bunch of corn

Last year being a masting year and the lack of rain this year, I’d be willing to bet the acorn crop is low this year. We have seen our deer moving a lot more but we talked about on our place is we think they are traveling for water.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
                                Last year being a masting year and the lack of rain this year, I’d be willing to bet the acorn crop is low this year. We have seen our deer moving a lot more but we talked about on our place is we think they are traveling for water.

You would loose that bet. Houston co is absolutely loaded. Bitter mass and sweet mass.

Comment

Working...
                                X