No announcement yet.

How much would you tip for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd give him about 400 bucks but that's just me.

Comment

There are many "guides" doing those duties here in Iowa for outfitters. Many of the farms or properties being hunted are up to 30 miles from the outfitters camp. The hunter might be hunting the same farm each day or a farm in a totally different area or even different county.

The guide or uber driver makes sure they get to the farm well before daylight, and make sure they get to their tree stand safely. This involves a lot of driving and hiking before daylight and after dark in some incredibly steep, treacherous terrain.

Also these uber guys up here are responsible for getting the deer out of the woods which almost every time requires a four wheeler or side by side, and sometimes a tractor with a loader and come alongs and chains.

I was going to be one of these guys this year for a local outfitter until I walked some of the outfitter's properties. I decided I am too old for that kind of work plus it was going to cut too deeply into MY hunting time.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

That ain’t no guide.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
          I'd give him about 400 bucks but that's just me.
          I’d sure like to have you as a hunter when I help at my friends place every now and then

Comment

Is that all the “guide” did? Or did he set up feeders, and blinds for the season? Do he keep the feeders filled, and pattern the deer for you? If so, he’s doing a lot more guiding than he’s taking credit for. Now it’s absolutely possible he’s just an Uber driver. I’ve seen both situations.

Comment

About 3.50.

Comment

Better question is. Did he get you on the deer you wanted?

Comment

That's a ride, not a guide.

Did they offer skinning, quartering services for an extra fee?

Other than that, what else would you want him to do?

I'd throw him some cash depending on the value of the actual hunt you were on.

Comment

This bit me yesterday. Went to a fancy restaurant here. Ate lunch with the wife and her twin sister. Tipped the guy $20.00 and he was not happy. He kinda of challenged me going out the door.
                    Well not really a great meal, and so - so service.
                    I am still thinking about it this morning.
                    I really should of told him it pretty much sucked and he got more than he deserved....

Comment

If it was a guided hunt and all he did was drop u off and pick u up and just help u load ur deer, don't give him anything extra. Was just a ride to and from the stand. What u payed for the hunt more than payed for the gas he burned and his time. I always tip depending on the service I get. Good service/good tip. Badservice/NO TIP! Jmo

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        This bit me yesterday. Went to a fancy restaurant here. Ate lunch with the wife and her twin sister. Tipped the guy $20.00 and he was not happy. He kinda of challenged me going out the door.
                        Well not really a great meal, and so - so service.
                        I am still thinking about it this morning.
                        I really should of told him it pretty much sucked and he got more than he deserved....
                        You can't blame the quality of the food on the server unless it's cold. But if my drink runs dry then so does there tip.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

No restaurant is gonna tell me how much tip to leave. I know they work on tips but to be told how much to is total BS. They have to work for a good tip. Just bringin you ur food and a drink ain't getting a good tip. Makin sure your order is right and check in to see if you need anything else, keeping ur water glass filled and anything else you might need is good service. And a $20 tip is a VERY GOOD TIP. For that he should have opened the door on ur way out and walked u to ur car. If he would have challengedone me on the way out I would have gotten management to make him return the tip. Went to restaurant once and they included tip on my bill and told them to take it off or they would not get payed anything including the meal. They took it off.

Comment

I do several day hunts every year.. most places they bring you to a bind and drop you off .. move the stand if the wind isnt right etc.. I dont need anyone to clean my animals or point them out to me and tell me which one to shoot..
                            I usually tip 20%. Most of the time that's how they make their money.. I don't guess I've ever been on a true guided hunt and wouldn't really want to go on one.
                            I'm sure that "uber driver" tells the hunter where hes seeing deer what stand he moved for the hunt filled the feeders or ran a grain route piled up the firewood and cleaned the cabin the hunters stayed in.. and a bunch of other behind the scenes stuff.
                            Last edited by jds247; 11-29-2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

50.00 and a case of Milwaukee's Best.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                                50.00 and a case of Milwaukee's Best.
                                I like to drink em with my friends around i suck em back till I hit the ground

Comment

Working...
                                X