Plant Explosion at TCP Port Neches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
    Check the seam around the house at the roof line to see if the roof "lifted off" at all.
    And check the telltale on your water meter to see if you have a leak somewhere. If you have natgas or propane, sniff around for leaks before you turn anything on. Check your chimney and flue for damage and cracks if you have a fireplace to prevent a CO leak.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
      Brock 12news on Facebook has a choppe or drone in the air live now.

To answer your question best I can, IF the tanks do indeed have butadine in them, and they blow its gonna be very very bad.

Here’s pics from sunrise this morning. 40 tankers and foam working round the clock. Still very volatile
      Continued prayers for all of you out there or headed back in.

If the photograph I quoted shows, are there four or five firemen directing the water in the bottom left corner of the photo?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	24600468
      Last edited by 18ncs; 11-30-2019, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
        Continued prayers for all of you out there or headed back in.

If the photograph I quoted shows, are there four or five firemen directing the water in the bottom left corner of the photo?

[ATTACH]982184[/ATTACH]
        Yes, you can see them better in the other picture from the post you quoted form, looks like 2 of them. Likely only two as they would only put a minimum amount of people in harm's way. Might have gotten by with one, but needed two, buddy system.

Comment

Just hope TPC doesn’t go this route again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Just hope TPC doesn’t go this route again.

https://www.chron.com/business/amp/T...cy-2131977.php

Yeah I know several people who lost their retirements in that deal. I have been concerned they will do it again.

Tpc has never been thought of positively by anyone who has ever worked for them or dealt with them.

Comment

I'd be surprised if they don't file bankruptcy. The plant looks like a total loss.. there are at least 4 area plants including the one I work for that will hit them for Loss of production. We are losing a million dollars a day just on the unit I work on.. then you have all the houses that were damaged and the class action suits being filed for the fake illnesses. Is not gonna be good..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                I'd be surprised if they don't file bankruptcy. The plant looks like a total loss.. there are at least 4 area plants including the one I work for that will hit them for Loss of production. We are losing a million dollars a day just on the unit I work on.. then you have all the houses that were damaged and the class action suits being filed for the fake illnesses. Is not gonna be good..
                Fake illnesses?? Such as?? You were in this too brother. The wind kept this **** away from y’all. Consider yourself lucky.

Comment

Without full knowledge...I'm sure TCP has a big insurance policy for this situation. And, you company may have a policy for the loss they are experiencing. The question is, do they have enough coverage.

Comment

Fake illnesses?? Such as?? You were in this too brother. The wind kept this **** away from y’all. Consider yourself lucky.
                    That's not what I'm saying . There will be some legit claims . But You and I both know people from 4 counties away will try to get in on the class action law suits. The ambulance chasing lawyers have already filed a class action suit against the site.. they will diminish the legitimate claims and cost the company millions. The lawyers will end up with the largest chunk of it..

I didnt mean to make it sound like all claims would be false..
                    Last edited by jds247; 11-30-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

That's not what I'm saying . There will be some legit claims . But You and I both know people from 4 counties away will try to get in on the class action law suits. The ambulance chasing lawyers have already filed a class action suit against the site.. they will diminish the legitimate claims and cost the company millions. The lawyers will end up with the largest chunk of it..

I didnt mean to make it sound like all claims would be false..
                      No worries man.
                      Someone posted the other day- total paraphrase

“Chemical plants have been the lifeblood of our community for 80 years or more. They’ve provided hundreds of thousands of jobs for our communities. My family will not be seeking a penny.”

That sums up the way I feel.
                      Disclaimer - industrial salesmen here and I spend 30 hours + a week in plants.

Comment

No worries man.
                        Someone posted the other day- total paraphrase

“Chemical plants have been the lifeblood of our community for 80 years or more. They’ve provided hundreds of thousands of jobs for our communities. My family will not be seeking a penny.”

That sums up the way I feel.
                        Disclaimer - industrial salesmen here and I spend 30 hours + a week in plants.
                        A lot of people don't realize what our area would be without the plants or how much we depend on them even if you dont work in the industry..

Comment

A lot of people don't realize what our area would be without the plants or how much we depend on them even if you dont work in the industry..
                          Yep, also how may people think-talk negativity about the company's they work for but will still line up for operations jobs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X