Plant Explosion at TCP Port Neches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
    Who's your cousin ? I work at Huntsman..

If theres a good time for it to happen it's at night.. fewer contractors and usually everyone is in the control rooms.. had it happened on days someone would have liked been killed..
    Ben Fox

Comment

We live a lot further than 4 miles away, but went ahead and took off. If those explosions are big enough to spread to huntsman it could get really bad for a lot of people outside of that 4 mile zone. Combine that with wind forecasts showing a shift in wind and bringing the smoke over or very close to our house and we decided we’d get out while the getting is good. I hope it’s a major overreaction on our part, but I don’t want to get caught up in the panic if they have a big expansion of the evacuation zone tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
        We live a lot further than 4 miles away, but went ahead and took off. If those explosions are big enough to spread to huntsman it could get really bad for a lot of people outside of that 4 mile zone. Combine that with wind forecasts showing a shift in wind and bringing the smoke over or very close to our house and we decided we’d get out while the getting is good. I hope it’s a major overreaction on our part, but I don’t want to get caught up in the panic if they have a big expansion of the evacuation zone tomorrow
        Honestly I would probably consider doing the same thing. Even for nothing but avoiding the pandemonium if they do extend the evacuation.
        I’m hoping that they can get things under control, but it could easily get worse in a hurry.

Comment

Pics from an hour ago....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

That is still looking terrible. I wonder if they are able to get it under control anymore.

Comment

Wow prayers up continue.

Comment

About to put the turkey in the smoker and reading about the blast. My parents live in Sulphur, and my mother said the shock wave from the blast woke her last night/morning. I didn't believe her until I read this thread. Sulphur is 20 miles East of the state line. Hope you guys in the vicinity stay safe.

Comment

The EPA reports TPC has been among the "high priority violators" every quarter since Jan. 2017, with additional violations dating back to 2004.

Appears TPC has not exactly been a very good “Responsible Care” neighbor.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                        About to put the turkey in the smoker and reading about the blast. My parents live in Sulphur, and my mother said the shock wave from the blast woke her last night/morning. I didn't believe her until I read this thread. Sulphur is 20 miles East of the state line. Hope you guys in the vicinity stay safe.
                        Yessir. I live in PN but work in SWLA. I had a customer feel it in lake Charles.

Comment

We should use caution when reading some of these articles like the one above by ABC. The spin on the article could be to lead you a certain direction. I don't have anything to do with TPC or know anyone there but do work at another plant.Chemical companies are under strict regulations on environmental emissions and are required to report any deviations so the company may not have been caught doing anything wrong but reported on themselves. Most folks that choose to live in neighborhoods around plants as well as young folks working inside have never witnessed the monster getting outside its cage like we are seeing now. I will refrain from judgement and let the facts come out in the investigation. Meanwhile I continue to pray for all involved.

Comment

Is the fire getting closer to the tanks? Is there real danger of this causing an explosion that would be catastrophic?

I hew up about 2 miles from this plant.

Comment

Originally posted by cashcropper View Post
                              We should use caution when reading some of these articles like the one above by ABC. The spin on the article could be to lead you a certain direction. I don't have anything to do with TPC or know anyone there but do work at another plant.Chemical companies are under strict regulations on environmental emissions and are required to report any deviations so the company may not have been caught doing anything wrong but reported on themselves. Most folks that choose to live in neighborhoods around plants as well as young folks working inside have never witnessed the monster getting outside its cage like we are seeing now. I will refrain from judgement and let the facts come out in the investigation. Meanwhile I continue to pray for all involved.
                              Yep, ABC is notorious for things like this. Epitome of making mountains out of mole hills.

Comment

Originally posted by cashcropper View Post
                                Marko, what article you referring to? I missed it apparently. I agree, sensationalism is their tool of fear and manipulation.

4mile evac still in effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X