Mountain Lions ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
    Very cool! Do you know the range on the 5 lions? Curious to know if they stay in a general area or move around a great distance.

I believe the property to be <75k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
      Same thing every person who hates hunters say about deer hunting.
      No issues with deer hunting bud. Just can’t bring myself shooting something I’m not eating das all. But I have no issues shooting rats, 2 or 4 legged ones.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Obviously they are predators. I've never heard of them killing livestock but I'm sure they do. But would think they'd kill a lot more livestock in Colorado where there's more of them.

Was just thinking (maybe my problem LOL) I'd just think with all the "save the cats" BS around the world yet no one cares about ML's And they are far more rare (or at least seen) than most other cats.
        The difference would be in the political climate of the respective states. They don’t even want you to shoot prairie dogs in CO. Liberals are in full control there. Same way in CA, Washington, and Oregon. Montana is sliding that way as is NM. Arizona and Nevada not far from it. WY is about the last holdout in the not-so-wild west.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
          Very cool! Do you know the range on the 5 lions? Curious to know if they stay in a general area or move around a great distance.
          Several years ago there were six young Toms radio collared and released in Custer Park (if memory serves). One of them wound up in Minnesota, and another was ran over by a train in Oklahoma. Can’t remember about the others, but young Toms have to keep roaming until they can find a “territory” that’s not occupied by an older, tougher Tom.

As for rarity, I don’t know, and probably nobody has a good handle on that, but I’ve seen three in my 72 years, two while I was working, and one between my lease and town in Runnels Co. The last one was witnessed by two friends in the truck with me. He was no more than 75 yards away crossing a caliche road, no doubt as to what it was.

Comment

Ain’t no lions in Texas . Just bobcats come on guys y’all know this

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
              No issues with deer hunting bud. Just can’t bring myself shooting something I’m not eating das all. But I have no issues shooting rats, 2 or 4 legged ones.

I’ve never had it, but everything I have read about lion meat is that it is excellent table fare!!!!!

I wouldn’t hesitate to try it!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                I’ve never had it, but everything I have read about lion meat is that it is excellent table fare!!!!!

I wouldn’t hesitate to try it!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Well why didn’t you say so.....I’m in

Comment

I got one on one of my trail camera's at a feeder in Archer Co. yesterday! He was watching 3 deer eat corn!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
                    I got one on one of my trail camera's at a feeder in Archer Co. yesterday! He was watching 3 deer eat corn!
                    Pics or it didnt happen

Comment

[QUOTE=Sidro;14540543]
                      Obviously they are predators. I've never heard of them killing livestock but I'm sure they do. But would think they'd kill a lot more livestock in Colorado where there's more of them.

I have friends along the border who are ranchers. They kill every mountain lion they can due to depredation of livestock by the lions. Lions favorite meal is young horses and they lose several to them each year(14 in one three month period). Next favorite meal is deer and then calves. Considerable financial loss due to lions each year.
                      Wow!!!!! You know there 3 favorite meals.....lol

Comment

Lot more lions around than most think... Stop making smoke where there is no fire

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                          Lot more lions around than most think... Stop making smoke where there is no fire
                          Couldn’t agree more. Seems like the cats are doing fine under current conditions. Why screw it up with some sort of government regulation

Comment

A friend of mine was a lion and bear outfitter in Northern NM for many years told me that the only lions he had ever seen were put in a tree, rock or ledge by his hounds.
                            My oldest son was hunting SW Colorado a few years ago and saw two different lions on back to back mornings. This is the highest lion population I know of other than parts of CA where it is no longer legal to hunt them.
                            Adios,
                            Gary

Comment

By the way, my eldest was not lion hunting, he was mule deer hunting.
                              I see no need for the government to get involved with lions, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Was just thinking (maybe my problem LOL) I'd just think with all the "save the cats" BS around the world yet no one cares about ML's And they are far more rare (or at least seen) than most other cats.

Tell that to the gentleman just up the road from me that lost 29 sheep in one night that he was getting ready to take to the auction barn! Didn’t eat even one bite off of any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X