No announcement yet.

Fence line etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All these problems would go away if guys would just stop slinging corn.

/ducksandruns

Comment

Sounds like criminal trespass and maybe a criminal mischief for the substantial inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by KNEE DEEP View Post
        This thread just shows who you want to be on a lease with and who not to be.
        You got that right - funny part is that those who do not want "any rules" and spout off some of the stuff in this thread will wonder why they cannot ever get on a quality lease.

I have been on one of the best South Texas LF ranches in Texas for years and in charge of finding hunters whenever we have an opening. If someone ask about joining the first thing I do is a search on their post on a number of different hunting forums. If you do not respect your neighbor then most likely you will not respect your fellow lease hunters. Tells me all I need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
          Interesting how folks were raised differently hunting. My dad would have jerked a knot in our azz if we put a blind/feeder on a neighbors fenceline.

Seems like the ones doing it are normally on a lease with 3 times too many hunters on it so trying to get deer over from the neighbors is their “only” option.

We’ll all be hunting high fence soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Amen

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
            You got that right - funny part is that those who do not want "any rules" and spout off some of the stuff in this thread will wonder why they cannot ever get on a quality lease.

I have been on one of the best South Texas LF ranches in Texas for years and in charge of finding hunters whenever we have an opening. If someone ask about joining the first thing I do is a search on their post on a number of different hunting forums. If you do not respect your neighbor then most likely you will not respect your fellow lease hunters. Tells me all I need to know.
            ....yep.....100%

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post

Do you make **** up and post it online also? Does your research include asking for all the profile names they use across the internet. This made me laugh. Hope your lease members all share your exact point of view. I’m sure your campfire discussions are really boring.
              Last edited by Kevin; 11-27-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                Do you make **** up and post it online also? Does your research include asking for all the profile names they use across the internet. This made me laugh. Hope your lease members all share your exact point of view. I’m sure your campfire discussions are really boring.
                I post in the lease opening sections and prospective members respond. Pretty easy to then check them out. And yes our members share the view of respecting others and having common sense rules.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                  Hadn't thought of that, but why go to all the trouble rather than just telling them?
                  I was thinking maybe the landowner of the land they are hunting on. Trying to avoid a direct conflict.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe_diem View Post
                    This is what I was thinking. Could it have been your LO who disabled the feeder and wrote the note because the feeder was in violation of the lease?
                    Beat me to it.

Gary

Comment

We have 230 acres. We bowhunt only for deer. Two sides surrounded by non hunted land, two by brown it's down hunters. That said no stands are within a 100 yards of a fence line. We've discussed it, there was some dissension by one of the parties but after myself and the second gave our reasons he agreed. Some folks just don't get the concept on their own and have to be enlightened.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                        I know a landowner that would shoot the motor/spinner on a feeder if he thought they were to close to the fence, this same jackwagon shared windmills on several pastures and there were water troughs 50' from the fence on both sides. Some folks you just got to shake your head. I seriously doubt anybody will run out of deer on either side of the fence.
                        ^^^ this ^^^
                        Some of my hunters on different ranches have had some timers shot off before, I always got it solved with out landowner
                        But also have seen landowners push over some blinds on fence line ( different leases on same property) . Even seen some legs get shot off feeders and stands and
                        Even seen a LO pour 2 five gallon buckets full of spent shells from the shooting range In a blind he didn’t like on the fence
                        I always put a 50yard rule in my contracts , “ I am ok with that note “

Comment

I’m on a overcrowded 350 acre lease, just on top of my head I’m counting 5-6 blinds and feeders on fence lines. My setup is more in the middle of the lease. I’m 100 yards from the closest fence line witch is open pasture.

Comment

So the title to this thread was hunting etiquette.

Someone put a note on your feeder, i don't see how that's a big deal. It's not like he broke into your camp and spray painted it on you walls. Maybe you hunt on a small property, but every time I see a set up on the neighboring fence line. I feel like they are hunting the neighbors property. Would you mind if your neighbor set up a mirror image of your set up on his side of the fence? If so, you are too close. If not, you will be dealing with unnecessary anxiety when you should be relaxing.

So I think hunting etiquette would involve locating your setup within your property, where it doesn't affect your neighbors hunting or your hunting members.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                              So the title to this thread was hunting etiquette.

Someone put a note on your feeder, i don't see how that's a big deal. It's not like he broke into your camp and spray painted it on you walls. Maybe you hunt on a small property, but every time I see a set up on the neighboring fence line. I feel like they are hunting the neighbors property. Would you mind if your neighbor set up a mirror image of your set up on his side of the fence? If so, you are too close. If not, you will be dealing with unnecessary anxiety when you should be relaxing.

So I think hunting etiquette would involve locating your setup within your property, where it doesn't affect your neighbors hunting or your hunting members.

Bingo!

Just move it off the fence and be done with it. All of you internet quarterbacks are ****** till **** gets real. You probably wouldn’t be happy if he had a stand that close to your fence.

Comment

At least we know now from this thread who not to get on a lease with [emoji23][emoji41]

Comment

Working...
                                X