X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that’s all folks

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
      So let’s say we are all on a lease together where you are allowed one buck. One of the hunters takes a very low percentage shot at a trophy but doesn’t find it. Before he is 100% sure that the buck is alive and well he says “Hey I crawled around for several hours and didn’t find him. He’s probably gonna live and I might not take a very low percentage shot again”.
      Would y’all still be so encouraging and tell Drake and Grayson that the state owns the deer so mind your own business?
      I wouldn’t blame Woodsman for trying for a golden ticket but unless I was 100% sure he was alive and well I wouldn’t pull the trigger on another buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well he did check his arrow with binos from his tree stand and was able to conclude it would be fine. Let em fly!

Comment

Originally posted by flufster View Post
        Well he did check his arrow with binos from his tree stand and was able to conclude it would be fine. Let em fly!

How in the heck can he tell that from an arrow through binos?

Bobody even realized he said he jumped the deer up at 150 yards ... A buck isnt going to just lay down for fun he would have gone a lot farther ... he was hurt bad and took off on an adrenaline dump

Comment

Have a question drake05 you stated you didn’t hunt near hag but in the hag seg b thread you stated you had 3 years worth of pics of a deer killed, so how close do you not hunt to hag?

Also the only threads you have posted to are this years hag hunt threads any reason you don’t contribute to other parts of this site?

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
            Alright sounds good gents. Been missing our WCB and Kurt68 commentary. So I’ll just say,

“Aim small, shoot big!”

and

“I only takes 10 seconds!”
            <——<<<
            Woodsman. to followup on earlier today. I'm going to be bashed, I'm good with it, I'm a big boy, and I have thick skin.

I suppose you have taken a TPWD/IBEP BH Ed course, we explicitly mentioned do not take a frontal shot, it isn't a lethal shot with a bow, yet you chose too, and you lost a deer. Some will contradict, as usual, "I shot one head-on", yes it happens.

A mistake I can deal with, going against a pretty good recommendation, I cannot. You robbed someone else of that deer, because you "thought". Flame away.

Comment

Here we go

Comment

It’s been real fun hanging with you guys on this thread and hopefully everyone gets home safe either tonight or in the morning. Max said he’s bummed that no one got a deer for him to blood track but maybe we’ll see you guys around on the next public land bow hunting adventures. If anyone needs help finding any deer in the morning we’ll be out taking our stands down.

Matt & Allecia....and Max (duck retriever/deer finder)

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                  Have a question drake05 you stated you didn’t hunt near hag but in the hag seg b thread you stated you had 3 years worth of pics of a deer killed, so how close do you not hunt to hag?

Also the only threads you have posted to are this years hag hunt threads any reason you don’t contribute to other parts of this site?

Good questions Perow. Those were my thoughts as well when I went back and did a post search on him.

Think Michael, the sight owner here, started a thread a few weeks ago about folks who look down on others for what they choose/choose not to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                    Woodsman. to followup on earlier today. I'm going to be bashed, I'm good with it, I'm a big boy, and I have thick skin.

I suppose you have taken a TPWD/IBEP BH Ed course, we explicitly mentioned do not take a frontal shot, it isn't a lethal shot with a bow, yet you chose too, and you lost a deer. Some will contradict, as usual, "I shot one head-on", yes it happens.

A mistake I can deal with, going against a pretty good recommendation, I cannot. You robbed someone else of that deer, because you "thought". Flame away.
                    Who determines what shot is lethal and what isn’t? I can spend several hours watching frontal shots on YouTube that were very lethal.

Comment

2019 Hagerman Segment C

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

Let me preface my post by saying I am 100% not attempting to debate anything. Just curious...

I listened to a podcast yesterday with a very notable public land hunter. He said his favorite shot from the ground is frontal. That’s from the ground and not elevated, obviously, as Woodsman’s shot was. So I’m just curious what makes it such a low percentage shot as a couple of people have now commented. There’s also an infamous video of a young man shooting an elk face on right in the pump house and it was very lethal. So I’m just curious to hear the reasons why it’s not.

Good thread! I enjoyed all three Hagerman threads. They seemed to have more action and deer killed than years past. Can’t wait until next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                        Let me preface my post by saying I am 100% not attempting to debate anything. Just curious...

I listened to a podcast yesterday with a very notable public land hunter. He said his favorite shot from the ground is frontal. That’s from the ground and not elevated, obviously, as Woodsman’s shot was. So I’m just curious what makes it such a low percentage shot as a couple of people have not commented. There’s also an infamous video of a young man shooting an elk face on right in the pump house and it was very lethal. So I’m just curious to hear the reasons why it’s not.

Good thread! I enjoyed all three Hagerman threads. They seemed to have more action and deer killed than years past. Can’t wait until next year.

I’ve only taken one. From a ground blind at 12 yards on a bang bang play. It was the most gruesome thing I’ve ever watched.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post

Dang you caught me detective ... either way its nice to see there are more and more people speaking up about the bad shot ... hope a lesson was learned ... more should be expected from each other and not hold each others hands ... the is TEXAS Bowhunter not California.

Comment

Originally posted by flufster View Post
                            I’ve only taken one. From a ground blind at 12 yards on a bang bang play. It was the most gruesome thing I’ve ever watched.

Lucky

Comment

Who determines what shot is lethal and what isn’t? I can spend several hours watching frontal shots on YouTube that were very lethal.

That is a truism, I'm sure you can also spend several hours watching some that were not lethal. It also depends on the weapon, rifle/shotgun vs. bow. The best shot with a bow, arrow, broadhead is via the lungs/heart/liver, quartering away/broadside, not from the frontal area, it's not a bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake05 View Post
                                Dang you caught me detective ... either way its nice to see there are more and more people speaking up about the bad shot ... hope a lesson was learned ... more should be expected from each other and not hold each others hands ... the is TEXAS Bowhunter not California.
                                You have no I dea what this site is about and to start off by lying and bash someone because of a situation isn’t how we do it around here. The only reason you are stirring it up is because you hunt near the hag-lets just be honest
                                Last edited by perow; 12-08-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X