2020 Lease search thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
    Looking for one within 30min of Kingwood/Porter/New Caney area. If someone happened to have a lead on anything off the grand parkway around the San Jac, that’d be awesome. Now this may seem demanding, but the reality is I need it to be close to home because my daughter is getting old enough to sit with me. If I find something close my wife can take her and I can keep my sanity. Thank you.
    Hunting with your children is one of the most rewarding and fulfilling activities that a parent can do, nothing like being in a stand with your angels as God's creation wakes up all around you.

Also, it's quite possibly the most nerve racking activity known to man, especially when you are having to hunt archery stands because dad was too lazy this summer to scoot the blind back and cut rifle lanes. Sitting in a blind with 9 and 11yo boys 25y from the feeder will test you, I promise. What makes it even funner is that I've told them I won't hunt until they each have a buck on the ground. [emoji849][emoji849]

That promise is being challenged daily.

Wooosah.... wooosah

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll be looking for one next year.....
      would like something in south Texas with true 150” + opportunities for trophy deer or something in the Kerrville, junction, area with exotics
      If anybody has an opening or lead please keep me in mind also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all may want to put a price range with your requests.

Comment

Put me on the list too. Close to the house, cheap, big deer, no hogs, house, no coonarses, good bird hunting.

Comment

Guess ill throw my name in the hat lol.

Looking for a good quality lease preferably within 3-4 hours of the Austin/central Texas area. Can travel farther for the right place. Have a good group of solid management minded guys that would prefer a place to ourselves but would be open to joining the right group. Willing to spend what it takes for a good place. Thanks

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I need to find a family oriented place. I'd rather have Hagen with me than leave him at home and I have a little girl begging to go as well. I'm also looking for something inside of 3 hours from the Western half of the DFW area and preferably West to Southwest of the metromess.

It's tough to find a good place these days. I've been out of the leasing game for far too long since we always had a place to hunt while growing up. All good things come to an end.

Time to find a new place to chill and BS by a fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Put me on the list too. Close to the house, cheap, big deer, no hogs, house, no coonarses, good bird hunting.
                You need to stop getting blackballed from the ones you join.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  You need to stop getting blackballed from the ones you join.
                  I blackball myself!

If it wasn't for my boys....I'd just go hunt elk every year!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    Hunting with your children is one of the most rewarding and fulfilling activities that a parent can do, nothing like being in a stand with your angels as God's creation wakes up all around you.

Also, it's quite possibly the most nerve racking activity known to man, especially when you are having to hunt archery stands because dad was too lazy this summer to scoot the blind back and cut rifle lanes. Sitting in a blind with 9 and 11yo boys 25y from the feeder will test you, I promise. What makes it even funner is that I've told them I won't hunt until they each have a buck on the ground. [emoji849][emoji849]

Wooosah.... wooosah

Yeah, that’s awesome, her mom can experience that with her since she created her and she acts just like her. That girl is going to run one heck of a prison gang some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      You dont like your lease now?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        You dont like your lease now?
                        I don't know yet....it's pretty loud!

Comment

Wooosah.... wooosah

Yep....you just gotta convince yourself that you're not hunting, you're spending time with your kids.....life's a lots sweeter when you do!

Comment

Wooosah.... wooosah

Ha, you do it backwards . My boys are about the same as yours, but they are busy with sports in the Fall so I hunt Oct, but once Nov and Dec rolls around its all about them. My season starts and ends in Oct. Their begins and run all through regular season

Comment

In the same boat as others. Looking for something 2-2 1/2 hours from the Austin area for myself, son (8yrs), daughter (6yrs), and wife (will only sit, not hunt). Probably a long shot, but 2K is our cap.

Comment

I'm looking for something within a few minutes of Bandera. I have a small cabin outside of town, but can hunt. I want to use the cabin has my base and then drive to a lease in the area. Must have exotics. Doesn't necessarily have to have monster WT. I can take a small place myself, or put a group together.

Comment

Working...
                                X