Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Wolf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What brand of game camera do you have, so I know never to buy one?

Alaskan husky or wolf

Comment

Comment

Saying Wolf

Comment

It's just a coyote, it's long and lanky. But his momma definitely had some dog in her.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

If that is the case how do they kill grey wolves up North (you can buy tags)?

Red wolves I get (don't think there is a living one myself) but not greys
            The Idaho/Montana/Wyoming grey wolves were listed as a distinct population segment. If those wolves walk in to Colorado, for instance, they have full ESA protection.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Could be a hybrid. I had one that looked a lot like the one in your pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This looks like a collered pet dog. The op’s looks like wolf.

Comment

Red Wolves are a Fairy Tale

They called them red wolves back in the day before genetic testing. Now that they've done genetic testing they found no distinct red wolf genes. The "red wolves" they tested only had the genes of coyotes and gray wolves. What people believed was a different or sub species of wolf turned out to be nothing more than a hybrid.

That being said, that coyote probably has some (or maybe a lot) of gray wolf in him.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  The Idaho/Montana/Wyoming grey wolves were listed as a distinct population segment. If those wolves walk in to Colorado, for instance, they have full ESA protection.
                  Did not know that.

Appreciate the info

Comment

That doesn't look like any yote I've ever seen. It does look just like the red wolf pic in the link that was posted. I'd say escapee from sanctuary or agree with the fellow that mamma was half German Sheppard or something. Pretty dang far from a full blood yote and very cool trail camera gem.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                      This looks like a collered pet dog. The op’s looks like wolf.

Because it is a collared pet dog lol

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post

Alaskan husky or wolf
                        Covert Maverick

Comment

Doesn't look like a coyote

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post

Alaskan husky or wolf
                            HA! Its a Moultrie Cell Cam... The canopy is very thick so it get stuck on night mode a lot. I'm not sure if its a camera issue or a placement issue.

Comment

Coyote

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                So, if/when you kill a wolf hybrid, would that be a defense that would stand up in court? Got me pondering hypotheticals now.

Comment

Working...
                                X