2019 Hagerman Seg. B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
    I'll be following along "B" group. "A" group was a fun hunt! I'll second what Kurt said above...be sure to have your bow in hand ready to rock. There were multiple times that bucks moved into my setup within seconds of hearing them. Luckily, I remembered what Kurt said, "it can happen in seconds". I killed my buck at almost 11 am Friday morning, be ready! I was 10 minutes from pulling out a mid morning snack. Bucks will be on the cruise looking for does right now. I have a feeling that this segment may be the best one yet!

As for parking, they told us we could park anywhere we wanted as long as we weren't blocking the roads or gates, not breaking the law, and entering into the refuge through refuge (meaning, not entering through private property we had access to). They'll go over that in the orientation as well.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first hunt there. Met tons of great guys! Lots of guys I hadn't met before reached out to help drag my buck out once they had heard I shot one. The whole experience of the H is remarkable. I had my mind made up before the hunt that I wasn't going to bother putting in for it in the future with TPWD, but after segment A my mind was quickly changed.

Take it all in while you're there. It will go by fast! Sometimes, if you're not ready you'll miss it. Keep that bow in hand for as long as possible!

Good luck everyone! Can't wait to follow along!
    Thanks for the tips. Very helpful. I feel like I should ask you for a bow and arrow blessing. (lol). The Hag Hero! That is some buck you took-congrats again.

Comment

2019 Hagerman Seg. B

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
      Thanks for the tips. Very helpful. I feel like I should ask you for a bow and arrow blessing. (lol). The Hag Hero! That is some buck you took-congrats again.

Hey, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while! Right place, right time. Thank you though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking forward to the weekend and seeing a few of the long time regulars, and meeting a few of the new ones.

Comment

One more day till the start,whether looks good. Best of luck to all. Does not seem to be near as many hunting this segment from the site as A gonna have to bare down and get it going. See you all at the starting line.

Comment

Got my cart setup for the ride in Thursday morning. Had to switch out the tubes. The waiting is like Christmas as a kid lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Go my game cart rigged to hook up to my bike tonight. Got my bag packed and will finish up my hunting pack tomorrow. See y'all there!

Comment

Check in @24 hours out, weather looks decent except for a wind shift (N/NW to S/SE) on Friday.

Comment

Got majority of my stuff packed last night

Still have a few things to round up but plan to be on the road headed North at 5am

Comment

Headed to Lighthouse Marina today at 5 PM sharpish. Ready to detach from day-to-day and attach carabiner to lifeline and release to d-loop!

Comment

Good luck guys! Ready to follow along!

Comment

Where are yall staying? I'm in C and will be looking at places to stay this week.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck guys. Ready for some blood to be drawn!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Segment B Hunters--

Anyone else staying at Lighthouse Resort & Marina?

I'm there Wed-Sunday. Figured there'd be another group. Would enjoy the fellowship.

Comment

Originally posted by brymor31 View Post
                                Where are yall staying? I'm in C and will be looking at places to stay this week.

I’m in C also and found a cabin with my FIL on VRBO that is 15 minutes from the check station. Pretty reasonable price. Out the door, it will be like $100 per night for us and I saw several others online still available. Good luck and see you at Seg C orientation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X