No announcement yet.

Moments after a missed shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good thing is that it usually makes you a smarter and better hunter afterwards. Just a little duck from the deer or misjudging the distance by a few yards can make the difference between a live or dead deer. It sucks but you will get him. This was one that survived a complete pass through with a rage that I had shot earlier this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That sux. Much rather miss than make a bad shot. He will be back.

Comment

We call those practice shots.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
          We call those practice shots.
          Lmao!!

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Landrover--how'd you know this? Do you speak wtd?
            Daggit, my secret superpower is out!!!

Comment

Thanks to everyone who replied. It helped! Now I just have to see if I get him on camera again or if he headed to a different county only time will tell. Thx again TBH

Comment

Originally posted by DThomp44 View Post
                The good thing is that it usually makes you a smarter and better hunter afterwards. Just a little duck from the deer or misjudging the distance by a few yards can make the difference between a live or dead deer. It sucks but you will get him. This was one that survived a complete pass through with a rage that I had shot earlier this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Dang deer are tough!

Comment

Weekend before last I shot under my target buck at about 15 yards (thought it was a gimme) and nicked his front legs. Found that my peep had moved. Luckily, he came back that evening and showed up on my covert. This weekend I got redemption when he gave me the exact same shot and I double lunged him.

It happens to almost everyone....just get back out there and get him!

Comment

The first three arrows that I ever shot at deer were total failures! Don’t beat yourself up!

Comment

Visualization works for me. I replay every part of the shot. I make sure I have good shooting lanes. I visualize where the deer will come from. I hold my bow up like I’m at full draw and hold my pins on leaf, rock whatever replay shot over and over watching the make believe arrow hit the spot with my follow through. Will actually draw my bow a couple times to loosen up. Always have an arrow in the bow to do this!
                      Use your range finder to range trees, trails, bush whatever where you know the range before deer gets there then all you need to do is make your shot.
                      Make sure your in position to make a shot, especially if your hunting trails out of a tree stand. It is amazing how fast a buck can walk by you during the rut.
                      And most IMPORTANT always pick a spot on the deer! Hair, crease, shadow on the deer; something small and try to split it with your arrow. Something that helps on my follow through is trying to watch the arrow hit. You will be surprised how many people never see their arrow hit.

Comment

2 weeks ago I drew on my first huge boar of the year. He is very smart so I broke out my climber and tricked him. He spooked and ran down wind behind a tree. He sat there with just his snout sticking out smelling. 22 yards i was at full draw and shot underneath. Still no idea what happened but assume my anchor was off.

This bow hunting game is as crazy as a golf swing.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                          Weekend before last I shot under my target buck at about 15 yards (thought it was a gimme) and nicked his front legs. Found that my peep had moved. Luckily, he came back that evening and showed up on my covert. This weekend I got redemption when he gave me the exact same shot and I double lunged him.

It happens to almost everyone....just get back out there and get him!
                          Congrats on getting the do over Humper. [emoji106] I can relate to the miss...post #24. Nicked the cull buck’s off side leg with an errant shot.

Comment

Well 7 days after Missing my target buck sitting back at the scene. It just plays over and over in my head. I can see him walkout and everything. But he really isn’t there or anywhere around here I am guessing. Whether it was my missed shot or he is on the move looking for girls he has been a no show so far. No clue. My trail camera took a **** so no pics. Of all the times for it to stop working I could have really used that intel. But here I sit every time I look up my eye goes straight to where he walked out last week. Really hope he comes back in a month or so.

Comment

Here I go again on my own. Going down the only road I’ve ever known. (Sorry couldn’t resist)Same spot. Wish me luck

Comment

Get him

Comment

Working...
                                X