No announcement yet.

Moments after a missed shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had many sleepless nights early on. Years latter they still hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
      Been there done that. At least you still have hunting fever.
      Soooo true I got super pumped when I realized it was him. Took a couple minutes to settle down. I might not have been as settled as I thought. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by D12 View Post
        Thanks everyone! After the shot he jumped twice, in and out of the feed pen then walked slow to the edge of the field. Then stepped out and stood and looked back my way for 30 sec then trotted off towards my downwind side of the field out of sight. I could clearly see he wasn’t hit that I could tell. Now grazed I wouldn’t know. Heard my arrow hit the panel on the other side of him and now I can’t find it. And really dont want to tromp all around there looking for it spreading my scent all over. Just Incase he decides to come back this afternoon. I don’t expect him to but this is the only feeder of mine he hits.
        Good calll. An arrow hitting flesh is an unmistakeable sound.

Comment

The rut is about to start kicking in. You have a good chance of seeing that buck again, although next time he might come in following a doe. Be ready! I'll bet you get another shot at him. Don't beat yourself up over a missed shot. That happens to every bowhunter at some point.

Comment

D12 at least you’re not looking for a wounded deer that was hit horribley!!! There is an up side. Good luck on your upcoming hunts, you’ll get him.

Comment

Been there done that. Missed a deer I chased for 3 years and finally had him patterned. Sat next to the wrong tree and was young and immature enough to rush a shot instead of wait until tomorrow. Laid down and cried in all the cow **** in the pasture that morning. All I have is sheds to remind me every day

Comment

Anyone who’s Bowhunted long enough, or any kind of hunting really, has been there. Good thing...it’s a long season and you’ll likely get another crack at him. It’s just about to get right for most folks in next couple weeks! Keep your head up and stay after him! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  He will return. Most deer think it was a bird buzzing them...……...keep at it!
                  Landrover--how'd you know this? Do you speak wtd?

Comment

Moments after a missed shot

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    I have been bow hunting since 1980ish. I have taken many many deer with a bow yet I swear I can invent new ways to screw up a shot since I have already used up all the common ones. Hang in there.
                    Well said...if you bow hunt long enough chances are you will make a mistake that costs you an animal. Plain and simple.

Happened to me just last year on a cull buck. I was worrying too much about getting a video of the shot. I had the camera on a tripod set up and recording. Deer was only 12 yds. Drew back, acquired the pin through the peep site and was settling in when the buck started moving forward slowly “out of camera range”. I rushed the shot trying to make sure it was on film. Didn’t concentrate on my anchor point and shot low.
                    Last edited by RascalArms; 10-27-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I missed my big buck and a doe already by shooting over them. my wife laughs at me, I removed the quiver from my longbow, thinking it is throwing me off, set up a chair with target on the chair, got the ladder and started shooting off my roof. I was hitting that target high every time so I corrected it and am back out there waiting for redemption!
                      I am 55 and bowhunting since I was 14 and still come back to the house beating myself up over blown shots/opportunities.

Comment

Hard to hear, but I have been there, remember "you get to" and in this case "got to" release an arrow. Try and be positive and determined... get another arrow from the quiver and keep letting fly. We're all blessed to get to hunt, missing them couldn't happen in bed or on the couch. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there also. I got so excited, I forgot to look through my peep!

Comment

I've been bow hunting for awhile I've never missed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              I've been bow hunting for awhile I've never missed.
                              Snowflakes are easy to hit

Comment

Been there, keep after him, he’ll be back!

Comment

Working...
                                X