No announcement yet.

Skiing Steamboat MusicFest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For first time going try to borrow as much as you can. Steamboat is awesome. Make sure you ride the gondola up for dinner one night you will need reservations but I promise you will not forget it. Make sure you drink plenty of water. You dehydrate fast up there. And go up on Christie peak. Amazing view. Creek side cafe and back door grill. We love this place.

Comment

Looking at the clothing I have I’ll probably be ok for skiing. I have first lite base layers, Sitka kelvin hoodie, and some fleece lined drake pants that are waterproof. I’ll probaby get a Sitka or kuiu jacket if anyone can recommend one.

Now as far as the concerts how bundled up do you need to be?

Comment

Is the restaurant at the top of the gondola Hazies? Wife wants to try and make reservations now.

Comment

Hazies is at the top.

Don’t wear a lot of clothes, you’ll sweat. A jacket will be fine. Only outdoor gear you’ll need is if you catch an outdoor show at the base, and that’s hit or miss. We’ve done an outdoor show where it’s been 40 degrees and where it’s been in the single digits.

The breakfast pizzas at the base are really good too!

Comment

Mahogany Ridge and the Laundry for dinner. Need reservation for the Laundry.
            On jackets, I like a shell type of jacket and pants and layer underneath depending on conditions.

Comment

Thanks everyone, last clothing question what about footwear.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                Wear ski boots.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                  Wear ski boots.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
                  Touché

Comment

Get some sock liners for skiing (sort of like wicking dress socks). I wear a thin to medium hiking sock over my sock liners. Ski boots are actually warm - just need wicking socks to remove sweat and a little padding from regular socks.

YouTube about how to put on ski boots - trust me it makes a huge difference if you do it correctly.

For concerts just warm boots - heck wear insulated hunting boots. You won’t be the only Texan there in hunting boots...

Comment

Aren't the main shows still in the big tent? It's warm in there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking at the clothing I have I’ll probably be ok for skiing. I have first lite base layers, Sitka kelvin hoodie, and some fleece lined drake pants that are waterproof. I’ll probaby get a Sitka or kuiu jacket if anyone can recommend one.

Now as far as the concerts how bundled up do you need to be?
                        Fyi.....some on here will probably disagree but wearing hunting clothes on the slopes is very nerdy/backwoods hillbilly. Lol.

Comment

Ski boots I’m assuming we’d rent there correct? I guess a better way to ask would be what would be appropriate footwear when not skiing, for the concerts and just day to day. All I really have for hunting are some Muck rubber boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Aren't the main shows still in the big tent? It's warm in there.

Yeah I believe so but figured tennis shoes wouldn’t be the best idea. Didn’t know if I should try to find some waterproof hiking or hunting boots.

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Fyi.....some on here will probably disagree but wearing hunting clothes on the slopes is very nerdy/backwoods hillbilly. Lol.

I might be looking like a big ole nerd then lol

Comment

Lol. All good. No one will really care at Musicfest.

Footwear all depends on the weather. If it's whiteout conditions you may need insulated rubber snow boots. If it's dry and sunny you will not.

They will keep the sidewalks and streets cleared. 90% of people will be wearing their square toes.

Comment

For footwear leather soles are a BAAAD IDEA. You will bust your hinny on the ice. I wear waterproof hiking boots. Nothing like stepping off the curb into a puddle in tennis shoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X