Walking to blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sideways View Post
    I park right behind my blind 20 yds. Deer walk right past my truck sometimes
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yea Me To. I parked the Mule about 100 yards from my stand and as I was walking, I walk by a doe bedded down. She stay right there and moved only as i was away.

Comment

Our ranch is a working ranch, tractors are constantly moving hay and atvs are always ridden. I used to walk as far as I could to the stand (this applies to ranches I’ve leased as well) what I found was Corning the roads as much as possible with whatever vehicle is your primary hunting rig really gets deer accustomed to seeing them. I like to park as close to my blind as possible without leaving my vehicle in plain site. I’ve busted more deer by walking from a further distance than parking close by. The one exception is when I’m bow hunting, I’ll usually park 100-200 yards away and walk in to my blind pretty quick before things get settled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We hunted a place near Richland Springs, and if you took a truck into the lease you wouldn't see a deer all weekend. When someone shot a deer, picking it up in the truck shut the hunting down for the weekend.

Comment

All about the layout of the terrain. If you can hide it somewhere close, you’re fine. If it sticks out like a sore thumb, may park a little further back.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
            I think in East Texas where I hunt it makes a difference. I park downwind and walk at least 200 yards for bow hunting. This is true for ATV’s. Even when I’m not hunting I try to avoid driving through where I hunt. I’ve seen the difference it makes in the number of deer I see.
            Now if I could only convince a guy on my lease that it makes a difference and get him to stop taking the shorter route past my stands on the way to his, that would be great. He parks by his stand and says he sees deer all the time. Does, yearlings, and small bucks.
            This. I like to sneak in and out of my hunting areas. Most of the time, I work just as hard as a way in and out of a stand location as I do where I put my stand. It typically park 400-500 yards from my blinds and ONLY hunt them when the wind is favorable.

Comment

Varies from place to place.

Our place in Houston County your safe to have someone drop you off at the stand and then leave.

Our place in Fisher County you can’t drive to nor through if you plan on seeing deer.

Comment

I have an example from this morning. I was driving in on my 4 wheeler and I have to drive about 75 yards from one of my feeders to get to the Heifer House. When I got here, I looked at the covert and there were 3 deer, 2 young and one mature) at that other feeder and they looked down the way I was driving and went right back to eating...

Comment

If you park right next to a box blind wouldn’t it be better than parking away. If you park 150 yards away, ther is a foreign matter innnthe trees. Then you walk and leave some kind of scent for 150 yards.

If all abnormalities were at one spot just would seem better

Anyone ever ride a bike to the stand. Seems like best mode of transportation

Comment

My opinion is just stay consistent in what you do.

Comment

I corn a fenceline (pasture, not property line) and a road with my ranger. Park it about 300 yards away. Doesn’t bother the deer in the least (as far as I know). Always see deer

Comment

I like to walk but most people don’t. Enjoy the time you have and try not to be bothered by little things.

Comment

Working...
                        X