Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Youth Weekend 2019...Let's See'em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brandonmc View Post
    Curious, what age do most people let their kids try to harvest their first deer? Mine's 7 and we're going to try to give it a shot this weekend. We'll see how it goes.
    Ashton was 7 and Breck was 6.

Rwc

Comment

Football game tonight but then we are heading out! My last youth season with my baby. It sure goes by fast....

Hopefully she can put this one on the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Curious, what age do most people let their kids try to harvest their first deer? Mine's 7 and we're going to try to give it a shot this weekend. We'll see how it goes.
        My daughter above killed her first at 5 with a .243. That was her first shot ever at a deer. She then went on to miss the next 5-6 deer she shot at over the next few years. Finally at 7 she was able to keep herself calm enough and she's been knocking them down ever since. My son was 6 when he killed his first. Looking back on it 5-6 may be a little to young. I think 7 is a pretty good age to start them but every kid will be different.

Comment

My daughter and I both sick..

Comment

Mine is 8 and this will be his first opportunity, but his age was more about his maturity and doing the things he’s suppose to do at a high level. He’s earned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              Absolutely, I can smell the hatch chile chimis from here

Otherwise known as a Texas gutbomb!

Comment

Good luck to all the young hunters.

Should be a good weekend.

Comment

my youngest was 8 and my oldest was 9 when they both shot their first deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                    Breck and I will be at it tomorrow after he gets out of film and conditioning. Can't leave early because he has to do some more of this......below photo. Hoping to have a date with a big main frame 8 with mule deer forked G-2...... Breck is my last that can take advantage of the early youth firearm.

Rwc

Mrs Stanford tells me he’s a hell of a football player! Good luck tonight, and tell ol Hawk and Barry Bridger I said hello!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Mrs Stanford tells me he’s a hell of a football player! Good luck tonight, and tell ol Hawk and Barry Bridger I said hello!

Appreciate that, for a 14 year old freshman he has competed well on Friday nights.

I’ll tell those 2 knuckle heads you said hello.

Rwc

Comment

My son was 8 when I first let him shoot a deer. He had been with me in the blind since he was 5. I let him shoot a .243 with lite load 87gr hornady's. He is 11 now and shoots 100gr. My daughter is 8 and wants to start shooting. I told her after season we'd practice and she could get a license next year if she wants. She sits with me sometimes but not sure how she'd feel about killing a deer. She is my dove retriever and doesn't have an issue with that but a bird and a deer are on a different level.

Comment

We gone!

Comment

Good luck to everyone! It should be a great weekend.

Comment

Good luck guys.
                              We hadn’t planned on it, but I might load up the 11 year old and head south

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                We gone!

You two are headed to Mason Mountain correct?

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X