Credit card question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
    A Southwest airline mile is worth 1.6 cents. Each dollar you spend gives you one SW Airline mile worth 1.6 cents. If you have a 2% cash back card you would get 2 cents back for every dollar spent. The only bonus category for that SW card is a Southwest airline purchase. You could have cash in the bank to pay for the flight on Southwest or any other airline you preferred. I had a companion pass on Southwest a few years ago
    If you get the companion pass then the each dollar you spend is worth double.

We've done the southwest points game and have had the companion pass for about five years now. I have flown 49 times in a row for free and probably have enough points right now for another 40 flights.

To the OP, theres nothing that says you have to wait to pay the card off at the end of the month. I've gotten to where I pay mine off every day. Just log on each morning, hit pay, and pay the balance. Its dang near a debit card but I get points and it has better consumer protection than a debit card.

Comment

I am currently a companion on another's pass. Good point about being worth double with the CP. I currently have more miles than I know what to do with. Good problem to have

Comment

Working...
      X