No announcement yet.

Credit card question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems I am in the minority when it comes to CCs in comparison to most on this site. I have 6 personal CCs, 1 joint CC with the girlfriend and 1 company CC. All 8 have their uses, it just depends on the circumstances. I don't use more than 1 at a time meaning at the end of the month only 1 has a balance to be paid.

As long as you are responsible, which I presume you are, they are tool like any other tool. Also of them all only 1 has an annual fee but I get that back in rewards so to me it is a wash.
    Last edited by USMC; 10-22-2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

None!!!!

Comment

All you have to do is pay them off each month, and not lose your head....and they are just a handy tool.

Comment

I think I've had them all. Currently, I find chase sapphire the best. Took family to italy and it probably covered equivalent to $15k in expenses via points. Their clubs are atrocious compared to Amex or American but small sacrifice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have southwest. Fly free Whatever card you get you have to pay it off every month.

Comment

Originally posted by Twipper333 View Post
              My wife and I play the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards game. Have two of the Chase Rapid Rewards cards. Put every single purchase we have to make during the course of a month on those cards. Pay them off to $0.00 on the last day of every month - have not paid for airfare in almost 10 years and have gone to some amazing places. Usually go on one to two trips per year and use the rewards for airfare, hotels and rental cars. This is the best bang for our buck because we like to travel and would not really get to otherwise.
              This is exactly what we do!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                I will, with zero hesitation or doubt, admit that my life would have been better had I never gotten them.
                topless bars got you or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  All you have to do is pay them off each month, and not lose your head....and they are just a handy tool.
                  Agree, but a large majority of people do not pay them off every month.

Comment

Are you using credit cards to build credit? If so, spend 20% or less of your available balance and always pay the card off in full on time. Southwest Airlines credit card is great, so is the Amazon card.

Comment

Chase Sapphire

Nothing wrong with credit cards if you don’t spend money you don’t have

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                        topless bars got you or what?
                        Never use a card at a tiddy bar! Lol

Nah, mostly hunting gear and crap I didnt need and ended up selling anyway haha

Comment

I run two. Regular Discover Card 1% cash on everything 5% or revolving category. The benefit to Discover is their partner gift cards offer you gift cards at 10-50% off so it really makes your cash back worth while.

I got suckered in the American Express Blue Everyday Card. They were offering 10% off amazon purchases for 6 months. There daily cash back is better 3% on groceries, 2% on gas, 1% for all else. No bonus on cash back but they have a big 0% apr offer right now.

Comment

Haven't seen Citi Double Cash mentioned yet - 1% cash back from purchase and 1% when you pay it off.

Comment

I primarly use the Fidelity card for a 2% flat cash back with no limit. I put it in a brokerage account I use for long term savings. You don't have to keep the money in the account though. This is the best deal I have found with playing the air miles or 5% here but 1% there game. Not to mention, if I keep the cash invested, it will probably buy me a year of early retirement after 25 years.

Comment

Capital One Savor. I got it with a $500 bonus if I spent 3k in three months.

Comment

Working...
                                X