Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yankee fans, some of them, may be the lowest form of life on the planet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA

But but but it's not the same...

Comment

They make Cowboys fans seem almost human.

Comment

I have no doubt of the rudeness and lack of humanity in the stadium this week....but I've got to give a different perspective.

I was in NYC for a week during Thanksgiving in 2017 (shortly after we won the WS). I wore astros gear for most of the week. I lost count of the people on the streets, at the airport, in the subways, at restaurants, etc. that either came up and told me congrats on the WS win or engaged in lighthearted banter. We didn't encounter any rude people during the entire week. Everyone we asked for directions or help with the subway system was very helpful and kind. The guys at the airport security at JFK on the way home were wanting to trade me a Yankees cap for my Astros cap then teased about confiscating my shirt. We had a really great time. Hell...my tmobile phone wasn't working due to a network issue and the times square tmobile store got me a freaking loaner phone when they couldn't figure it out right away. I was so impressed that I ended up buying a new phone from them the next day to show my appreciation.

So...there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          HAHAHAHAHA

But but but it's not the same...
          You really think speaking ill of a dead congressman who was a proven crook is the same as going off on a guy who will be a hall of famer about his struggles with depression? Well, I can't help you there.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
            I love ZG's response. "I didn't even hear them" oh you know he did! lol
            Not necessarily.....😉

NY CITY and the people that reside there are a different breed. I've taught there for many years now and coached at multiple major tournaments there over the years.

I actually like it/them, no BS, they either like you or they don't and there's simply no in between. You don't get the "smile to your face then rip ya a new one behind your back" BS that's seemingly pretty prevalent in other parts of our country/world.

With all of that said, NY sports "fans" can cross over the line and quite often do just that. However, yelling garbage at a professional athlete is simply part of it when you're playing in NY. Hell, they do this at a GOLF tournament at times. So, what do you expect when it involves their beloved Yankees and a possible world series berth? When it stoops to the level of throwing objects at players, starting fights, etc, well, that's WAY over the line and shouldn't be tolerated..... ever....

One thing I can guarantee you is this, ALL professional athletes KNOW the deal when competing against NY teams in NY and are prepared for the worst. I'm sure the vast majority look forward to it as it's got to be SO much fun to shut them up.... hehehe. The Astros sure shut them up last night about the 8th inning....👍🏼
            Last edited by Slicefixer; 10-18-2019, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Pretty cruel but fair game since he made it public knowledge.

If he would have said the anxiety stems from not being able to wear a cup for protection because they don't make one big enough to protect his massive python no one would have said a word.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                You really think speaking ill of a dead congressman who was a proven crook is the same as going off on a guy who will be a hall of famer about his struggles with depression? Well, I can't help you there.
                Haha, you just proved my second line. You can rationalize your comments however you'd like. What happened to if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  Haha, you just proved my second line. You can rationalize your comments however you'd like. What happened to if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything?
                  Yep....100%

HOWEVER, my tongues all scarred up from biting it..... hehehe

Comment

One thing I can't stand is low class taunting during sporting events. Its one thing to support your team, talk a little good natured trash, but when you get on a personal level and straight up taunt players with personal insults, character attacks, it makes my blood boil.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                      One thing I can't stand is low class taunting during sporting events. Its one thing to support your team, talk a little good natured trash, but when you get on a personal level and straight up taunt players with personal insults, character attacks, it makes my blood boil.
                      NYP clearly didn't care much for it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        That is one of the dumber comparisons ever made, complete bull****. That MF was a racist, a thief, anti-American, and lined his pockets while the city he rep'd turned into a 3rd world country. He should have been in prison when he died.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          That is one of the dumber comparisons ever made, complete bull****. That MF was a racist, a thief, anti-American, and lined his pockets while the city he rep'd turned into a 3rd world country. He should have been in prison when he died.
                          I like you, Dale.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            I have no doubt of the rudeness and lack of humanity in the stadium this week....but I've got to give a different perspective.

I was in NYC for a week during Thanksgiving in 2017 (shortly after we won the WS). I wore astros gear for most of the week. I lost count of the people on the streets, at the airport, in the subways, at restaurants, etc. that either came up and told me congrats on the WS win or engaged in lighthearted banter. We didn't encounter any rude people during the entire week. Everyone we asked for directions or help with the subway system was very helpful and kind. The guys at the airport security at JFK on the way home were wanting to trade me a Yankees cap for my Astros cap then teased about confiscating my shirt. We had a really great time. Hell...my tmobile phone wasn't working due to a network issue and the times square tmobile store got me a freaking loaner phone when they couldn't figure it out right away. I was so impressed that I ended up buying a new phone from them the next day to show my appreciation.

So...there's that.

My experiences in NY have been the exact same.

Just like anywhere/anyone/anything, don’t judge an entire area by the actions of a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

lowest? I disagree.

Have you seen the news and our world. And a certain breed of humans are worse

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

So...there's that.
                                I am not supporting the jackwards in the stands however I have had a similar experience. I too was in NY in 2017 and saw a game at Foley's Bar and Grill. If anyone know of that bar it is Yankee baseball mecca. There were 3 of us sporting Astro gear and about 300 drunk Yankee fans. We had a good time even had some beers bought for us. Jackwards everywhere and some good folk everywhere as well.

Go Astros

Comment

Working...
                                X