Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    I absolutely love having a flatbed on my truck
    When I had a regular factory bed everyone treated my bed as a trash can “ and I hate having to climb up into the truck to empty it out “
    I am probably going to buy a new Ram 3500 SRW and am ordering a C&W metal frame with a treated wood deck with short side rails
    Sounds cool. What's a c&w frame?

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
      Sounds cool. What's a c&w frame?
      CM is based in Oklahoma
      Most models are all steel deck
      They make a model with steel frame and 2x8 treated wood
      Very similar to a utility trailer
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-18-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
        If you get one you gave to get you an yeti, not sure why but it must some kind of secret code of some sort.
        LOL. Around here it’s the same but add a VP racing gas can, gas powered air compressor, and a diesel tank.

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
          LOL. Around here it’s the same but add a VP racing gas can, gas powered air compressor, and a diesel tank.
          When I was younger lots of people had a LPG tank instead of a diesel tank and no gas powered air compressor ( just fill your tires with gas )
          Don’t see many trucks running on lpg anymore

Comment

When I was younger lots of people had a LPG tank instead of a diesel tank and no gas powered air compressor ( just fill your tires with gas )
            Don’t see many trucks running on lpg anymore
            That’s a little scary lol

Comment

Their still in use , heck if Texas has the infrastructure for LPG I wouldn’t mind owning a propane engine 3/4 or 1 ton
              Attached Files

Comment

People think that but I've had several lpg vehicles, I'd do it again if cost/availability is doable. Never had or known of anyone having problems using lpg a tire to get back to civilization, I've even had a rig to use casing gas to inflate a tire or two. The safety man woulda had a stroke if he knew......but.....oh well!

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                  People think that but I've had several lpg vehicles, I'd do it again if cost/availability is doable. Never had or known of anyone having problems using lpg a tire to get back to civilization, I've even had a rig to use casing gas to inflate a tire or two. The safety man woulda had a stroke if he knew......but.....oh well!
                  The scary part to me is filling flat tires with it. Vehicles running on LP doesn’t bother me a bit . I’ve seen and known of a few who did it

Comment

CM is based in Oklahoma
                    Most models are all steel deck
                    They make a model with steel frame and 2x8 treated wood
                    Very similar to a utility trailer
                    Oh, gotcha. Nice truck beds they got there

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                      Anyone who works off of their truck a lot needs one!

I’ve built several, but never have time to build my own. My ford has a color matched CM skirted bed. It works okay, but the floor pops and the boxes leak. I would love to build a custom one for myself with more pronghorn style boxes.

A couple I’ve built. A lot of the guys around here are taking a liking to them on their little trucks.

You operate a welding shop? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        My next truck will be a flatbed. They are handier than a pocket on a shirt. Lock boxes down the side, easy load access, and if you put flip up rails on it it's no different than a regular bed when it comes to stuff falling out/off. No tailgate or bed rails to worry about when hooking up your goose neck either.

I just realized, I bet most of 3/4 - 1 ton pickups owned by TBH'ers don't even have a gooseneck or a 5'er in the bed so the last benefit may not matter.
                        Lol so true.

Comment

May be because 98% of people work off of them, have flats, equipment that runs diesel, want a cooler that lasts more than 6 months in the elements, and hate safety gas cans.

No, I don’t own a flatbed. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A replacement front bumper and a flatbed are a absolute must, when dealing with bump gates, nothing worse then having the gate swinging back and ripping off a fender or two ( my flatbed they usually just skips off them )

Comment

I thought I wanted one on my last truck up until I found a cheap bed cover. After that I don't think I could do a flatbed. So much nicer to have things hidden and out of the weather.

Comment

The easy clean up and feed hauling is why I run a flatbed !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X