Social Media Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
    So a game warden was concerned about whether or not a 184” deer was 13”? That would of been awesome if it was 12 7/8” wide and he wrote you a ticket for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would be great framed on display in your trophy room. Don't they take the deer though?

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
      It’s why we don’t post pictures anymore...that and poached deer and people harassing landowner to undercut us
      ^^^^ This. Quick exit off our lease if you post pics on Social Media.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
        wow, probably some of the 5,000+ post non-bowhunters that post all the time. Wish we could cull the heard here!
        I understand where you are coming from but higher member numbers do help bring sponsors aboard in which help fund the site I would think.

Comment

And folks wonder why license plates get covered in classified ads

Comment

Could be a bunny hugger person or group who knows the laws and pursues every opportunity to harass hunters when they can by monitoring this and other hunting related sights.

I’m in the camp that it was social media and most likely tpw employees doing the scratch and sniff when something pops as check into worthy. Not that I think this was.

Trying to pop someone for a width infraction on a buck of this magnitude was a waste of game warden time and tax payer money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
              ??? What is the purpose of covering the license plate???

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                Could be a bunny hugger person or group who knows the laws and pursues every opportunity to harass hunters when they can by monitoring this and other hunting related sights.

I’m in the camp that it was social media and most likely tpw employees doing the scratch and sniff when something pops as check into worthy. Not that I think this was.

Trying to pop someone for a width infraction on a buck of this magnitude was a waste of game warden time and tax payer money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                I agree with this. If I was a game warden, I can promise I would have wasted zero time investigating that buck. Great, mature, free range buck.

Comment

Wait on tell the new red flag law comes out, and your neighbors calls in on you LOL

Comment

Jason you killed a very nice deer and congrats to you. It is a shame that a fella cant post pics of a hunt or a fishing trip because some folks cannot help their selves but to say something negative or try to start some chit. I know of another TBH'r that killed a really nice buck opening day and never posted.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                      lol...what does that have to do w this thread? but since you mentioned it,.....why do they?

Comment

Same thing happened to a guy on tbh that was hunting out of state a few years back, from Texas and killed a bobcat and didn't know it had varmints hunting laws someone here called in on him.

Comment

I'm more surprised someone didnt call in on the thread about finishing a wounded deer hit by a vehicle than this buck taken by legal means.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                            I'm more surprised someone didnt call in on the thread about finishing a wounded deer hit by a vehicle than this buck taken by legal means.
                            Good point
                            One is clearly illegal and the other very close to being illegal.
                            Maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                              Same thing happened to a guy on tbh that was hunting out of state a few years back, from Texas and killed a bobcat and didn't know it had varmints hunting laws someone here called in on him.
                              I remember that thread. I think that was a case of game wardens monitoring the site. I want to say it even ended up in the game warden field notes.

There was a guy that mentioned it was illegal and was dog piled on like he was a snitch when he just pointed it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                ??? What is the purpose of covering the license plate???
                                Because then they can send TXDoT to your house for expired tags.
                                Or maybe call and tell your employer that you voted for Romney or that you oppose Obamacare.
                                Or steal your soul.
                                Stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X