No announcement yet.

Social Media Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the bobcat thread that's been mentioned a few times. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...=kansas+bobcat

Michael posted that local and out of state wardens monitor this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Plus lurkers, plus facebook, plus Matthews site....not buying it, certainly not out of the question though. I bet GW just wanted to get a tape on it, and he’d no doubt heard about it.

Just as likely a mad neighbor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Probably right after all he thing made AR by a fraction of a fraction of an inch

Comment

I would say WOW but being this place is loaded with "biologist and non-hunters"(yes non-hunters) I am not 1 bit shocked...

Its the world we live in...

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
          Yep, TBH has changed. Jealousy and hatred are what drives some people.
          this and the grammar police

ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Plus lurkers, plus facebook, plus Matthews site....not buying it, certainly not out of the question though. I bet GW just wanted to get a tape on it, and he’d no doubt heard about it.

Just as likely a mad neighbor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I think along these same lines as Dale. Nothing good comes out of posting big deer pics on the web. I know guys that are straight up killers of big deer year after year! You don’t see them on here. And for good reason! Congrats on your deer Jason!

Comment

Antlers86,

Blows you had to go though this but by starting this thread all you did was reward the cowards who pull this garbage. These treads are their LDP's in their world.

I am sure you just wanted to let everyone know what happened to you so by addressing it is a good thing. I would be ****** too. Everyone needs to remember to not take the bait if something like this happens to you.

Nice Buck!

Comment

This thread is prime example of why many good people don't post stories and pics on TBH any more. A few times last year I had taken pictures of deer I killed with my bow with the intent of posting on TBH (in accordance with all applicable regulations i might add). But as I was posting, I thought about other threads and the "blow back" from some individuals on this site. Ultimately deciding I really don't need any more headaches in my life to I just shared the pics with a couple of friends and moved on.

Too bad that some folks can't just move on when they see a thread that they have an issue.
                Last edited by saintsfan; 10-07-2019, 06:24 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                  this and the grammar police

ridiculous
                  They're are a lot of them [emoji16]

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Who has time to call the GW and complain, pure trash. Also seems like the GM would have better stuff to do than go measure a deer that was obviously mature... Some people are really sad. I have completely gotten rid of all social media, TBH is the only sight I post on.

Comment

thank you all for playing "NAME THE REAL JACKLEG!!"

there was $100,000 and a new f-350 up for grabs! but sadly no one won this week.

until next time!! keep blaming the tree huggers.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                        Who has time to call the GW and complain, pure trash. Also seems like the GM would have better stuff to do than go measure a deer that was obviously mature... Some people are really sad. I have completely gotten rid of all social media, TBH is the only sight I post on.
                        And obviously on an MLD. the other bucks in the photo prove it is not free range. Good gosh.

Comment

Game Wardens use social media and forums like this as one of their biggest tools in their toolkit today (as they should as it is very efficient). I'd imagine virtually every hunt thread and animal post is being viewed by a game warden on this site as well as others. If you post pictures to social media that catch a warden's attention I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up. Also, I don't think having a game warden show up is that big of a deal. You either are complying with the law or you aren't. In my experience they are usually pretty interesting dudes to chat with and are good to have on your side when you need them.

Comment

Man, sorry to hear about the drama with your awesome buck!

If y'all are concerned about which 'members' are good reps for TBH- just view the members who post on the prayer threads.

On another note- I was a member of Saltwater Fishing group on FB, and that place is crawling with questionable activity. But one instance in particular finally drew the line for me, when this scum-sucking bottom dweller posted a pic of a foul-hooked trout that he kept. Not only was the trout under-sized, but he posted he knew about not being able to keep a foul-hooked fish, and bragged about keeping it. He proceeded to boast about letting the "piggies" (Game Wardens) try and catch him. Even worse- there were a bunch of turds supporting him!!

Needless to say- I took a screen shot and forwarded it to the game wardens. And I am no longer a member of that page.
                            Last edited by Roy; 10-07-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Well that sucks, TBH isn't what it used to be even since I joined in '13

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                                And obviously on an MLD. the other bucks in the photo prove it is not free range. Good gosh.
                                He has stated many times its mot MLD. Just because its fenced does not mean its MLD.

Comment

Working...
                                X