Who’s in tha woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who’s in tha woods?

I’m propped up my old office chair, tucked away in my trusty...but warm, pop-up... located in “The Man Cave” which consists of a couple of wooded acres in my back yard, sipping on sangria...life is good my friends, life is good.
    Nothing yet but the nuisance squirrels that get a chuckle out of AC’s bright idea of putting slinky’s/ladders on the feeder legs...[emoji849]
    I’ve been fortunate enough to take a mature buck back here the last three years. Had a nice 11pt that would be my biggest back yard buck yet, hitting the protein a week ago today. With the rut just kicking off here in Fort Bend county, I’m a little on the optimistic side.

Who else is braving the heat and how’s your hunt going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck BackWoods.

God bless!

Comment

Sorta, kinda I guess?
      Attached Files

Comment

I’m sweating it out out here in Jackson county. Ground blind. Kicked the snake boots and socks off it’s too hot for all that while sitting. Made sure to spray them down with some dead down wind. No bucks on camera for about a month now. Talked myself into thinking one may appear so I made the drive out to the lease.

Comment

I am in. 7 bucks already here, and a doe. One is a pretty nice 120” 8pt. Not sure why I haven’t shot him but my beer is cold and the wind makes it feel decent. Really hoping to stick this big boar that has been on camera offer here.

Comment

Sitting in the krivoman in San saba county. It be kinda warm! Just got here this afternoon. Not expecting much. Acorns on the ground everywhere.
            Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Just had two 8pts sizing each other up, they both agreed who’s the boss. Neither were shooters

Comment

Hanging out near Iraan. Young mule bucks, mule doe and a couple of WT doe the mulies ran off last night and this morning. Switched it up to another one of our 100 acre places with lots of cam action, but wind is blowing like crazy. Had a 1.5yr old spike come out and little fellow didn’t have ears or a tail...just nubs.

Still about an hour of light so let’s see what happens.

Comment

Young 9pt just snuck up behind me trolling for the ladies

Comment

Acorns are starting to drop like crazy, I can hear them bouncing off of the barn

Comment

Just had a buck mount a doe 40 yards from me...might be a first for me

Comment

Out on public land, found a tree to throw some shade. Seen 3 doe walk by at 10 yards. Waiting on a big one.

Comment

Target buck is 100 yrds from the feeder here, hoping he can mosey on over. Got my 70 year old Grammy with the crossbow looking to stick him!!

Comment

Pretty good evening, 14 deer showed so far, 8 of them bucks.

Comment

I’m in. Sitting in the stand I put up yesterday and not truly anticipating much activity. So far nothing but it’s absolutely beautiful up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X