Amber Guyger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
    Yeah, that's it. I have not paid attention because I dont blindly speak of something that I know nothing about. I have not paid attention because I ask for sources of your rambling. I am not sticking up for a murderer. I think she should pay the price for her actions, but I dont think her actions warranted a murder conviction. Yeah, I am sticking up for a woman that I do not know from Adam. Nice try there bud. Keep on rambling.

I actually think you should be upset with the verdict. If she did what you claim, that it was pre-meditated and that she is a cold blooded killer, I would think you would want her to be charged and convicted of capital murder. By your way of thinking, that is the definition of capital murder.
    i'm happy as can be. She had her day in court. The jury of her peers convicted her of murder.

Justice prevailed in this great state and amazing country. She intended to kill him. His life is over. She has to pay the price.

Hopefully she's sentenced to a very long time. Even if you believe every word of her story she is not fit for society the way she acted. Certainly not fit to represent a police force. We need to tighten our hiring standards for those jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
      The danger to justify using her weapon was not imminent. Also, she was more concerned about texting her boo than rendering aid. That to me shows intent that she wanted him to die and felt no remorse.
      There it is...dumbest **** I’ll read all day. Have you listened to her 911 call immediately after the shooting? She was hysterical, scared to death...you paint her as a calloused shooter who gave no after thought to taking a life. Nothing is further from the truth. Did she screw up? Absolutely! Should there be consequences? Most definitely.

What many of you are forgetting is that she was an off duty LEO. She’s a civilian at that time...if I discover and intruder in my home and shoot him, I’m certainly not going near enough to render aid...and I’m a paramedic! If someone is perceived as a threat, joe blow public has absolutely no duty to act once they have been neutralized.

Comment

Good luck if someone ever breaks into your house and steals your tv. I hope they dont point a gun at you or anyone you love, while they are committing the crime, because you are the one that we will be reading the story about. Just make sure you are positive that they have the tv in their hands before they point their gun at you, that way you will know that they did not mean you any harm and all they wanted was your TV. Would you grab a firearm when you come out of your room to investigate the noise in your house or would you go out there with nothing? Heaven forbid that you startle the burglar and they shoot you. But hey, its ok. They were just stealing my TV. Good luck man.
        No kidding, you do have low reading comprehension. You should work on that. Not everyone has it. Maybe start with a remedial STAAR test or something.

Comment

The intent question was a trick question. When she thought a stranger was in her house she pulled her weapon with the intent to kill. It wasn't until after the fact that she realized she was in the wrong place. Her lack of caring and rendering aid IMO is got got her. Negligent Homicide IMO is what she should have gotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            The intent question was a trick question. When she thought a stranger was in her house she pulled her weapon with the intent to kill. It wasn't until after the fact that she realized she was in the wrong place. Her lack of caring and rendering aid IMO is got got her. Negligent Homicide IMO is what she should have gotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
              Because the rest of us are reasonable people that don't think breaking and entering should be a capital offense with ourselves as judge, jury and executioner. I would much rather buy another TV than shoot someone.

Actually being at home, and someone entering, is a completely different narrative.
              LOL you need to pack up and move to San Fran. My kids are much more important than talking it out with a criminal...

Comment

I will say it again ... we will never know exactly what happened ... never ...

Comment

No kidding, you do have low reading comprehension. You should work on that. Not everyone has it. Maybe start with a remedial STAAR test or something.
                  There we go again. Personal attacks. SMH! I guess if that makes you feel better about yourself, then go right ahead. I have thick skin. Lash out at me little boy.

Comment

I'm surprised by the verdict. Not that i believe it is the wrong one, just that 12 people agreed on something is a miracle. maybe they knew they could still sentence her to 5 years and the headlines would be less controversial than convicting her of manslaughter and doing 5 years.

i don't doubt that she made a mistake of fact. i think the issue was would a reasonable person have made that same mistake - not so cut and dry. i kept wondering why this has never happened before (or i've never heard of a fact pattern like this) - and that makes me think her mistake was not one a reasonable person would make. all the other stuff (sexting, and not doing CPR, her being a cop, is just window dressing on the whole case).

i also think it was a huge mistake for her to testify in her defense. the defense lawyers probably want a do over there.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                      LOL you need to pack up and move to San Fran. My kids are much more important than talking it out with a criminal...
                      Originally posted by DWC View Post
                      I will say it again ... we will never know exactly what happened ... never ...
                      Please, for the love of God and this great state, stop making sense. I cant take it anymore. Stop being rational.

Comment

yup...not helping just nailed it all down for the jury imo too. She did everything wrong that you possibly could & owned it.

Comment

There we go again. Personal attacks. SMH! I guess if that makes you feel better about yourself, then go right ahead. I have thick skin. Lash out at me little boy.
                          I am not doing any lashing or messing with your skin. I am also not calling you so you can stop sending passive aggressive childish PM's as well.

Comment

Nothing you are saying is in anyone of these articles. The noise complaint wasn't even against him or did it say it was her complaining. They didn't know each other at all. But keep going...your passion is great!

Comment

I am not doing any lashing or messing with your skin. I am also not calling you so you can stop sending passive aggressive childish PM's as well.
                              I sent you one pm. Not plural. Learn the difference and tell the truth. Now you are getting butt hurt that I am acting like an adult. I sent you a PM, so we can discuss this like gentlemen, rather than on a computer screen. My fault for thinking that you could handle something like an adult. I apologize for giving you my name and phone number.
                              Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 10-01-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                To me, in this case, intent would have been her leaving her vehicle and going to this man's apartment to kill him.
                                You are confusing intent with PREMEDITATION.

Comment

Working...
                                X