No announcement yet.

2019 Opening morning daylight pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics y'all!! Sitting this one out for the first time in, well ever!!! Thanks for taking us along, good luck to all and stay safe!!

Comment

In the stand waiting
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
        Long nosed doe circle down wind and came in from behind me. She was stupid nervous. Popped out at 12 yards looked around sniffed and walked into the thick stuff. I watched her stand their and check the wind for 10 minutes. She was alone so While she was in the woods I made sure she wasn't a nubbin. She buggered and I thought she ran off. She pops out tight against the trees facing away for another like 5-6 minutes turns around and walks back into thick stuff. Once again I thought she was gone. A few minutes goes by and she pops out broad side at 23. I had a piece of vine hanging down covering her vitals so I had to wait......again. I expected her to jump the string and I aimed low. I settled the pin and heard the thud. Arrow got full pass through and looks pretty bloody from here. Two bounds and she was out of sight. Another 7 minutes and I am going to look. Y'all wish me luck!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

In for the recovery cause I’m sitting on the couch this morning due to work.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Just living through Texas bow hunter since rifle season isn’t for another month!!

Comment

Long nosed doe circle down wind and came in from behind me. She was stupid nervous. Popped out at 12 yards looked around sniffed and walked into the thick stuff. I watched her stand their and check the wind for 10 minutes. She was alone so While she was in the woods I made sure she wasn't a nubbin. She buggered and I thought she ran off. She pops out tight against the trees facing away for another like 5-6 minutes turns around and walks back into thick stuff. Once again I thought she was gone. A few minutes goes by and she pops out broad side at 23. I had a piece of vine hanging down covering her vitals so I had to wait......again. I expected her to jump the string and I aimed low. I settled the pin and heard the thud. Arrow got full pass through and looks pretty bloody from here. Two bounds and she was out of sight. Another 7 minutes and I am going to look. Y'all wish me luck!

Good luck

Comment

Nothing to report but 4 of my neighbors dogs. They are all still alive, but they did not like the bark of the ol trusty 10mm Hog Hammer. On a side note, I'll be turning my feeder pen into a food plot real quick!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone Know a good mosquito processor and taxidermist. Some of these things are pterodactyls.

Comment

Well no pics right now, but my eldest shot a spike on his property this AM.

Me? I hurt my back yesterday putting in food plots, yeah.

Comment

Guys, I was scared to death I had lost her. I am 170-180 yards from where I shot her. At the end of the trail....I could smell a deer. I know some will say I am crazy but I could smell her. I ran out of blood and started to back track. She made a hook and fell behind a tree. I walked within six feet of her . But here is the LDP. Sorry about the bald spot. I had to drag her like 230 yards.

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys, I was scared to death I had lost her. I am 170-180 yards from where I shot her. At the end of the trail....I could smell a deer. I know some will say I am crazy but I could smell her. I ran out of blood and started to back track. She made a hook and fell behind a tree. I walked within six feet of her . But here is the LDP. Sorry about the bald spot. I had to drag her like 230 yards.

Congrats!

Comment

I have a song dog at a hundo right now. #sendit

Comment

#sentit #missedit #yotesarerellysmalltargetsat100yds #goodluckfindingyourarrow

Comment

Lol

Comment

sow came in, was looking for a piglet but they did not come in with her. She ran off with arrow on both sides of her. While I waited for her to crash, a boar came in. Complete pass through, no blood?

Found arrow from the sow.
                                [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Never could find either of those pesky pigs.

Not too bad of a way to start-it could have been worse.
                                Last edited by DesertDug; 09-28-2019, 09:28 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                                X