No announcement yet.

Looking at new Dodges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my favorite TBH truck guy narrative...

"I've had 5 (name your brand) and never had trouble with any of'em....and I work'em hard! My '08, '10, '11, '13, and '16 models pulled my mule awesome, even with 25 bags of corn in the back! That '16 is gettin up around 60k thought so I may trade in."

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
      I have an 18 ram 3500 dually. and my work truck is a 18 350 Ford. I hate the ford love my ram
      Is that you rolling coal when you come by Renfro ?

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
        You can get a new 2018 Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 QC for $40k. Bout $15k off the sticker.
        Tradesman model.
        If I find a LB, think I'm gonna pull the trigger.
        where is this at ?

Comment

I did exactly that, I got a 18 tradesmen for 40k...my local dealer had to go to Arkansas to get it (I’m central Texas) and it took a week but it was worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            This is my favorite TBH truck guy narrative...

"I've had 5 (name your brand) and never had trouble with any of'em....and I work'em hard! My '08, '10, '11, '13, and '16 models pulled my mule awesome, even with 25 bags of corn in the back! That '16 is gettin up around 60k thought so I may trade in."

Comment

Good info here. I’m searching hard for a’2017 lariat at 45k. Find a few but either wrong color or in BFE. Any chance the 2020 release will drop the prices in the used truck market?

Comment

Originally posted by Poo Bear View Post
                Good info here. I’m searching hard for a’2017 lariat at 45k. Find a few but either wrong color or in BFE. Any chance the 2020 release will drop the prices in the used truck market?

If it does drop it will only be slightly.....the newer models drop the price of new trucks that are old inventory....and if you find one that been sitting there for a year you can get it for almost the dealers cost.....just keep in mind you can upgrade and swap dang near everything...so if you buy a lower model you can upgrade to a higher one and save thousands lol

Comment

Originally posted by ebtksutton View Post
                  If it does drop it will only be slightly.....the newer models drop the price of new trucks that are old inventory....and if you find one that been sitting there for a year you can get it for almost the dealers cost.....just keep in mind you can upgrade and swap dang near everything...so if you buy a lower model you can upgrade to a higher one and save thousands lol

Makes sense, thanks.

Comment

I've had four 3/4-ton Dodge trucks since 2004, two diesels and two HEMIs. Currently in a '16 with 6.4L HEMI. I've liked every one I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by ebtksutton View Post
                      I did exactly that, I got a 18 tradesmen for 40k...my local dealer had to go to Arkansas to get it (I’m central Texas) and it took a week but it was worth it!

How long go was this? Was it $40k before or after tt&l?

I’m debating on getting a new Big Horn/Lone Star or a 2018 Tradesman. I like the new body style and big horn trim level but hard to beat a new diesel 4x4 for $40k.

Comment

I bought this almost 5 months ago, and as far as price...sticker was 54....I got it for 40, but added a few things which took it up to 42. Upside down trade of 8k plus tt&l came out to 53 I believe is where the dust settled.

I like the big horn, I like the Laramie, I like the tradesman....found out I like the price of the tradesman most and actually love the vinyl floors (so easy to clean) and the work grade seats for the same reason plus they look good!

I have upgraded the dash cluster from infotainment, stereo, power inverter, aux switches from 4thgenramelectronics....so I have added about 2k in cool stuff.

I now have everything aside from the seats, carpet, steering wheel that a Laramie has. Laramie cost 80 something. I’m all in at 55. I’m not good at math, but I can’t dig that difference haha

Plus I got one of the only (I think 500 or less made in a 2500, less than 300 in a 3500) that has the manual transmission. So essentially it’s one in a thousand (ballpark)

Comment

I'll stick to my 7.3L

Comment

I’m a Ram guy. I’ve owned a 12, 14, 16, and now on a 2018 3500 mega cab. No problems with any of them. But I only put around 70-80k on them and get a new one. Ive pulled big cattle trailers to my 37’ dove tail with 20k lbs on it. They have all been good trucks. I like Fords and the way they run. I have many friends and family members that own Ford Diesels. With that being said I can’t think of one of them that hasn’t had problems with their Ford. Until I see Fords not having issues I won’t own one and fuel mileage isn’t no where near a Cummins. Just what I’ve seen.

Comment

I drove a newer 1500 Dodge Rebel yesterday, I was impressed. Felt like it was alot of truck for the buck. The interior was awesome, especially the nav and display system.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                                I'll stick to my 7.3L
                                Show off. I had the opportunity to buy my grandfather's 7.3 and I didnt. I regret that daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X