Looking at new Dodges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
    You can get a new 2018 Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 QC for $40k. Bout $15k off the sticker.
    Tradesman model.
    If I find a LB, think I'm gonna pull the trigger.
    That’s a bunch of “truck” for the money. They gave em pretty sorted out with that chassis now if you get a good one

Comment

I have a 2019 F350 SRW and absolutely love it. Great fuel mileage for a 1 ton. I got 9k off of mine when I bought it. Now that 2020 is around the corner you can probably find a heck of a deal from dealers trying to make room. Only flaw I don’t like about my truck is the tailgate. If the battery dies or any electrical problem your tailgate is out of commission. Would really stink if you had a gooseneck hooked up and it happened.

Comment

Just went from a 2011 mega cab with a deleted 6.7 to a 2019 F350. I was dead set on a Ford but when I drove the 2019 mega cab I had second thoughts on the Ford. It seemed that in the 2019 Rams they fixed all the problems with my 2011. The interior was awesome (limited with the big screen). I decided on the Ford. They gave me more on trade and the price was much lower than the Ram! I dealt with the sales manager at each dealer. I’ve only got 3k on the Ford but I really like it so far. I’m not convinced the engine is on par with the Cummins though. That Cummins is just a torque monster from a dead stop although it was no dragster. To me the Ford drives more like a gas engine. It wants to rev more and is quicker but it’s a truck made to tow so who cares about that. BTW I had 180k on the Ram. Zero problems after I deleted it. Front end and steering sucked, but the new Rams have a completely different front end design than the 2011.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          They are out there. There’s a guy on the Cummins forum with a 2015 or 2016 model that has 467,000 miles on it bone stock with all emission intact.

He transports mainly campers and 5th wheels all over the country so it sees work.

I truly wonder if that’s why some people have bad luck with the diesels. Seems like the people that work them have less problems than the folks that have pavement queens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          These trucks aren’t meant to be daily drivers. Thats the biggest issue with them. When I had my 2015 Ram I was told it needed to be driven. Same with my current F250 I never work the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            Is drake really worth it though if the power stroke engine won’t make it to half of the life span of a Cummins? Not saying it won’t but I don’t see many people bragging on a ford motor going 500k. Not to mention ford will not come off the price of their trucks like dodge will. I’ve shipped both and the best I’ve gotten off a ford is 6k. I’ve gotten 10k off a dodge without even trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            The doors, windshield wipers, tailgate, headliner and those wide Azz mirrors will fall of the ram before it ever gets close to 500K. But I agree the Cummins may still be good to go.

Comment

Yeah if you want to drag race stoplight to stoplight.......

Performance is performance...Ram doesn’t have it.
              Ram is getting smoked in the 3/4 ton department.
              Last edited by Rubi513; 09-24-2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

But good Lord they are FUGLY! Not sure what they were thinking with that design.

Better looking than the new Rams...

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Flicker View Post
                  Have always been a ford owner but looking at the new Dodge 2500 diesel for my next truck. Tell me the good and bad.
                  Why do you want/need a diesel? would a F250 gasser do what you need? I bought my 04 cummins diesel for the longevity perspective and it is till running fine.

Looking at a gasser F250 to pull a travel trailer but that would be it.

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
                    If you are pulling a stock trailer full of cows you will know the trailer is there. Especially when stopping....lol
                    And as exactly what I said. You didn’t know it was there....lol

Comment

"Bunch"

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                      That’s a bunch of “truck” for the money. They gave em pretty sorted out with that chassis now if you get a good one
                      Me and you look at things differently. Maybe I'm a "glass is 1/2 empty kinda guy", lol.

That's a "bunch" of $$$ for a truck!

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                        You may want to check out the new GMC/Chevy's for 2020. Exterior is redesigned. They are just starting to hit dealer lots. They have a new engine coming out, and a new 10 speed transmission.

I won’t be buying the first year or three of a new engine/trans in any brand (see ford 08-10 6.4 piece of dog crap just as an example and chevys numerous transmissions issues)

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          Might I suggest the Lasik procedure?

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                            Might I suggest the Lasik procedure?
                            Don’t you drive a 1/2 ton ecoboost?

Comment

Can’t go wrong with any of them man. All new diesels flaws are within the emissions stuff. It’s all personal preference and i seem to always go with Fords. Go drive them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post

Say what?

You think this

Is better looking than this?

C’mon man!

Comment

Working...
                                X