Looking at new Dodges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    Performance is performance...Ram doesn’t have it.
    Ram is getting smoked in the 3/4 ton department.

I haven’t seen a towing test on the new 3/4 tons yet. Typically the Ram hangs just fine with the others despite being down on power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      I haven’t seen a towing test on the new 3/4 tons yet. Typically the Ram hangs just fine with the others despite being down on power.

The test they always hang with are the 1 tons, which aren’t derated like the 3/4s. Still a 2500 RAM will tow anything within its capacities more than easily, just the non derated Ford and GM diesel 3/4s will do it with slightly less effort.

Comment

I really would like to know where some of yall come up with this stuff. I am on my 5th Cummins and yes I am a Dodge/Ram guy. I've had every generation and loved them all. Every pickup is going to be great and also breakdown or something will malfunction at one point in time. That being said I have a 13' Ram 3500 MegaCab dually and it will pull anything I put behind it. They all will tow and all will haul *** down the highway. The Ram with the Aisin transmission is pretty hard to beat and on top of that I don't know if anybody has a nicer interior than the new dodges. They aren't like the old ones anymore!

Comment

All brands have issues. Some brands have much more militant fanboys. Read every dodge thread and you'll see all dodges fall apart, but fords you can steal with a butter knife are the best ever. Buy what you want. If you like the Ram it's as good as any of them, and probably cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
            I really would like to know where some of yall come up with this stuff. I am on my 5th Cummins and yes I am a Dodge/Ram guy. I've had every generation and loved them all. Every pickup is going to be great and also breakdown or something will malfunction at one point in time. That being said I have a 13' Ram 3500 MegaCab dually and it will pull anything I put behind it. They all will tow and all will haul *** down the highway. The Ram with the Aisin transmission is pretty hard to beat and on top of that I don't know if anybody has a nicer interior than the new dodges. They aren't like the old ones anymore!
            TBH is the worst place to ask a question about pickup trucks, I dont know why the mods dont create a truck forum so they can go argue about nothing like the political forum does. On the truck threads its always the same guys with the same claims of blah blah blah. There has never been a truck brand thread on TBH with a good outcome.

OP go buy what you want, your the guy paying for it anyway so who gives two chits what someone else's opinion of a truck they have never owned is.

Comment

Upgrade to a 1 ton and get the Aisin transmission. No reason to buy a Cummins and then govern it.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                Upgrade to a 1 ton and get the Aisin transmission. No reason to buy a Cummins and then govern it.
                I agree with the sentiment, but the coil sprung 2500s ride really nice.

Comment

I’m a firm believer in the Cummins and now you can get it matched with the Aisian (think that’s how it’s spelled) which makes it a beast! I bought a new 2018 simply because it’s the last year they made a manual transmission.

All of the big three have pros and cons but all are basically equal nowadays...IMO choose which dealer has the best service department and which dealer stands behind their stuff.....that way if you have issues it will get fixed correctly.

After that choose which one is most appealing to you...because they ain’t cheap lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                    Don’t you drive a 1/2 ton ecoboost?
                    Yes, I do.

And the new GM heavy duty trucks look like a bad Hotwheels concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                      I've had two Dodges, both 3500 models with the Cummins diesel. I loved my 2004 model. I never had any mechanical issues with my 2015 model, but it felt like a snail when I wanted to accelerate. I think it was because it had the 3.42 rear end. When I ordered the truck I asked for a 3.73 rear end, and the salesman said that wasn't available in the single rear wheel trucks. I would have to order a dually to get a 3.73 or 4.10 gear ratio. Otherwise I had no complaints.

When I got my ‘14 the 2500 only had 3.42 but the 3500 single wheel had the 3.73. [emoji2371][emoji2371][emoji2371]

Comment

Say what?

You think this

Is better looking than this?

C’mon man!

That particluar one? No. The ones shown in the above pic? Yes.

Ford 450 h.p.
                        935 torque

GM 445 h.p.
                        910 torque

Ram 370 h.p
                        850 torque

There is no comparison... You do realize not everyone that owns a 3/4 tows daily, right?

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                        The test they always hang with are the 1 tons, which aren’t derated like the 3/4s. Still a 2500 RAM will tow anything within its capacities more than easily, just the non derated Ford and GM diesel 3/4s will do it with slightly less effort.

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          TBH is the worst place to ask a question about pickup trucks, I dont know why the mods dont create a truck forum so they can go argue about nothing like the political forum does. On the truck threads its always the same guys with the same claims of blah blah blah. There has never been a truck brand thread on TBH with a good outcome.

OP go buy what you want, your the guy paying for it anyway so who gives two chits what someone else's opinion of a truck they have never owned is.
                          This is true. There's a lot of opinions on truck models of which guys have never owned or even pulled with. It's not about brands, it's about specific models.
                          Last edited by Arrowthreat; 09-25-2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I have an 18 ram 3500 dually. and my work truck is a 18 350 Ford. I hate the ford love my ram

Comment

Don’t buy a Ford unless you want it stolen!
                              That said I have no opinion on the newer engines. Ford fanboys will say Ram and Chevy suck, Ram fanboys will say Ford and Chevy suck and Chevy fanboys will say Ford and Ram suck. Pick what you like. At the end of the day if you don’t like driving it, what’s the point?

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

I agree with that.

Since they no longer offer the 6 speed manual, I hope they wise up and go to a single power engine and an 8-10 speed ZF transmission and be done with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X