Coopers's BBQ - Katy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EAT AT COOPER's DOWN IN LLANO!!!!!

Must have changed ownership it seems since Josh Abbott sang about it, which was years ago

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Southside has some good BBQ. Coopers is hit & miss nowadays to me. Never had a bad meal at Southside. We eat there pretty often when at our place in San Saba. To us it seems Southside has better trimmed brisket too.
      We ought to have a TBH get together sometime at Southside. Food is good and the beer is cold

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
        I am not a great fan of Coopers so I won't be driving to Katy. I don't prefer their sauce, it's thin and vinegary. The one in Llano is always so crowded with tourists that I seldom eat there. I much prefer Opie's in Spicewood.
        I actually like Coopers in Llano's brisket.
        But I agree, for ribs and sides I like Opies. Friday and Sunday are butterbean day! lol

Comment

Stopped in there twice and it wasn't very good but maybe I went on two bad days. Way too overpriced for no better than it is.

Comment

my son and I stopped in Llano about a year ago and I might have just paid off the note!!We got some brisket each , a link of sausage each and of course I HAD to grab the ribeye.

Comment

They had one once. Really heard the sauce on an amateur. So we gave it up and used it, we were satisfied, it really turned out delicious!

I visited them a long time ago, do you remember what coals they used? I had to step back after the order and came when everything was ready, and I forgot to talk to the cook.

How many times have I never been able to tell if there's a difference in which coals you cook on or not? I always bought the cheapest at the store and didn't look at it. I was told that if you change coals to the ones in those reviews, for example, the taste might change. If I'm honest, I don't believe it. Have you experimented with this kind of thing? I have bad taste buds, I can hardly taste anything from birth, only if they are very bright, so I always add a lot of seasonings to any dish.

Comment

The main thing I liked about coopers was a big styrofoam cup of their beans with a bunch of their sauce in it. Dang that was good.

Comment

I ate at the Katy Coopers once. I'll just spend the same money at a really nice steak restaurant before I go back to that fleecing.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam View Post
                    They had one once. Really heard the sauce on an amateur. So we gave it up and used it, we were satisfied, it really turned out delicious!

I visited them a long time ago, do you remember what coals they used? I had to step back after the order and came when everything was ready, and I forgot to talk to the cook.

How many times have I never been able to tell if there's a difference in which coals you cook on or not? I always bought the cheapest at the store and didn't look at it. I was told that if you change coals to the ones in those reviews, for example, the taste might change. If I'm honest, I don't believe it. Have you experimented with this kind of thing? I have bad taste buds, I can hardly taste anything from birth, only if they are very bright, so I always add a lot of seasonings to any dish.
                    Dooooooooo whaaaaaaaaaat?

Comment

This made me squint really hard.......Im still After thinking about it, I guess I know what sauce you were into.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        This made me squint really hard.......Im still After thinking about it, I guess I know what sauce you were into.
                        Glad I'm not the only one, yikes...

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          I ate at the Katy Coopers once. I'll just spend the same money at a really nice steak restaurant before I go back to that fleecing.
                          I thought so the first time I went. They have since lowered their prices. They finally figured it was too pricey.

I just wish they would cut down on the salt. Good Lord it is salty as hell.

Comment

Yellow?

Comment

That must have been some really good bbq. Orgasmic.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Dooooooooo whaaaaaaaaaat?
                                Yeah don't have a clue what that was about.

Comment

Working...
                                X