Art Briles Back in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    Mt. Vernon parents brought it to light, they brought in fact he was helping with practice. That’s what ruled them ineligible.

Him being at the meeting would of been worse, straight public lynching already. I get why he decided to sit back and let the UIL do their thing. Him being there wouldn’t of helped, this thread is a perfect example.

Expressing an opinion about coddling kids is a fool? Then so be it.....
    Moving for athletic purposes is why they were ruled ineligible. The uncle coaching illegally is on the school/ab and did not make the kids ineligible. I don't doubt that upset parents shined the light.

Comment

Ever hear the expression “If you’re arguing with a drunk or a child you’ve already lost.”?

Seems like that’s going on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mt. Vernon parents brought it to light, they brought in fact he was helping with practice. That’s what ruled them ineligible.

Him being at the meeting would of been worse, straight public lynching already. I get why he decided to sit back and let the UIL do their thing. Him being there wouldn’t of helped, this thread is a perfect example.

Expressing an opinion about coddling kids is a fool? Then so be it.....
        You have no idea what you are talking about. Kids dont get ruled ineligible because the coach has someone coaching that should not be coaching. If that was the case, then the whole team would be ineligible.

Mt. Vernon parents did not bring it to light. The superintendents of the other schools within the district brought it to light. Also, it was brought to light when the PAPF was brought before the DEC for approval. Parents at Mt. Vernon had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
          You have no idea what you are talking about. Kids dont get ruled ineligible because the coach has someone coaching that should not be coaching. If that was the case, then the whole team would be ineligible.

Mt. Vernon parents did not bring it to light. The superintendents of the other schools within the district brought it to light. Also, it was brought to light when the PAPF was brought before the DEC for approval. Parents at Mt. Vernon had nothing to do with it.
          Have you watched the sec video? The Dec called the second vote because a parent from Mt Vernon had sent in videos of Hawthorne coaching to the Dallas new journal. Someone in return sent the videos from the news to the Dec superintendents. They then made the connection to Hawthorne and the kids. This is how a Mt Vernon resident and a coach got the kids disqualified. It's all in the video...

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            I don't understand how you can be so demonstrative with your stance but then completely ignore or scoff at guys coaching illegally. Rules are rules, regardless of how dumb you may think they are...........

He’s from Southlake.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post

You should probably take your own advice.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                He’s from Southlake.

No panhandle.... I have a home in the area.

Does this forbid someone from having an opinion?

Comment

Watch the University Interscholastic League State Executive Committee - 10/22/2019 live and on demand online on the NFHS Network

Comment

No panhandle.... I have a home in the area.

Does this forbid someone from having an opinion?

No, but most of the time it precludes them from being objective, and usually from being right.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                      Moving for athletic purposes is why they were ruled ineligible. The uncle coaching illegally is on the school/ab and did not make the kids ineligible. I don't doubt that upset parents shined the light.
                      True, but the uncle is the direct link as to why they are even there in the first place

Comment

No, but most of the time it precludes them from being objective, and usually from being right.

Love to hear your the reasoning on this.... success due to not projecting about getting beat out...

I’m not right b/c UIL ruled, just disagree with it and the thought of them being “ringers”.
                        Last edited by Texans42; 10-24-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Why?

You don't care about the rules anyway, Southlake never has.

Comment

Love to hear your the reasoning on this.... success due to not projecting about getting beat out...

I’m not right b/c UIL ruled, just disagree with it and the thought of them being “ringers”.
                            And I would have zero tolerance with my kids if they came home whining about loosing starting positions, no compassion for it, nor would I toss kids or coaches under the bus to remedy my kids short comings. Regardless where the other kids came from.

Yes I would be picky also who my kids played for. I’ve been around a lot of coaches, I played at two different universities, and assisted with recruiting when I finished, so yes I would be a lot more adapt to let my kids play under a coach I know first hand then some of the coaches I’ve seen at the high school level.

So out side where I live and my financial situation you project about, I would say My opinions are molded by my First hand life experiences
                            Last edited by Texans42; 10-24-2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Why?

You don't care about the rules anyway, Southlake never has.
                              My kids don’t go to Southlake HS. You want to project about any things else?

Comment

I just wish I had a dollar for everytime I've seen the word "project".

Comment

Working...
                                X