Art Briles Back in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    An ex-college football ball player helping out in the box.... FOR FREE!!

The horror..... that’s call a favor to help out
    It's against the rules. And lets be honest, it's probably not for free......

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      It's against the rules. And lets be honest, it's probably not for free......
      Lol, the ultra top secret, under the table box coach/get back coach salary..... that’s hilarious

Comment

ok

Comment

I don't understand how you can be so demonstrative with your stance but then completely ignore or scoff at guys coaching illegally. Rules are rules, regardless of how dumb you may think they are...........

Comment

I don't understand how you can be so demonstrative with your stance but then completely ignore or scoff at guys coaching illegally. Rules are rules, regardless of how dumb you may think they are...........
            Of all things to rule them ineligible over this ones the most CS, and ironically the only one that stuck.

Parents whining about another parent helping..... so that their kids got their positions back.
            You don’t see the irony?

Comment

So ya if I had two nephews and my sister called me and needed help. I’d relocate them in a heartbeat.
              You keep acting like the uncle is some sort of athletic mentor prodigy. When he is actually an unpaid-volunteer coach (acting illegally) that couldn't make it in Eurofootball.

Think it had anything to do with the documentary they were filming? The entire mess reads like a bad script from Friday Night Lights.

Edit - "Parents whining about another parent helping"

The guy wasnt a parent, that has been established. How do you know the guy was a pedo or a rapists. That is why ISDs have controls on who works there and interacts with the kids.
              Last edited by batmaninja; 10-24-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I was one that was glad to see AB get a chance to coach again, my feelings have changed with the little I know about this situation. The rule against volunteer coaches has been in place for many years, at least since the early 90's when I was a coach and AB absolutely knew he couldn't do that. I wasn't there and don't know all of the circumstances but I find it absurd that he would allow any of this mess to happen knowing he would be under a microscope. Very little humility evident in this and a whole lot of "the rules really don't apply to me" attitude.

Comment

I personally wouldn't want my kids to be mentored by someone teaching to win at all costs and the rules don't apply.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    You keep acting like the uncle is some sort of athletic mentor prodigy. When he is actually an unpaid-volunteer coach (acting illegally) that couldn't make it in Eurofootball.

Think it had anything to do with the documentary they were filming? The entire mess reads like a bad script from Friday Night Lights.
                    What? Only thing I said was, he played for Briles so he obviously knows Briles on a real personal level, and can actually attest to Briles character Via a non projecting level. I can see him wanting Briles to coach his nephews. Why wouldn’t he, he knows Briles is an actual real coach, and believes in his mentorship. After playing for some real suspect coaches, I do have a few from college I’d let coach my kids/or nephews, etc. How is that so far fetched....

Yes he got busted for helping out in the box and now his nephews can’t play. Oh the crime.....

Now we are into movie contracts, man this is getting good. What’s the next Alien conspiracy theory?

Comment

The brothers were ruled eligible at their first hearing because their parents and the Mount Vernon superintendent told the DEC that Hawthorne would not be coaching. The DEC was told Hawthorne was in town to film a documentary.

I can the present the facts, but I clearly cant make you absorb them.

Briles was the only coach that Hawthorne had ever player for, that he thought was worth coaching/mentoring his nephews?

Now for the plot twist. The 2 nephews arent playing football or getting mentored by Art

Comment

What? Only thing I said was, he played for Briles so he obviously knows Briles on a real personal level, and can actually attest to Briles character Via a non projecting level. I can see him wanting Briles to coach his nephews. Why wouldn’t he, he knows Briles is an actual real coach, and believes in his mentorship. After playing for some real suspect coaches, I do have a few from college I’d let coach my kids/or nephews, etc. How is that so far fetched....

Yes he got busted for helping out in the box and now his nephews can’t play. Oh the crime.....

Now we are into movie contracts, man this is getting good. What’s the next Alien conspiracy theory?
                        Would the kid be coaching there if his nephews hadn't made the journey to East Texas?

Comment

[QUOTE=batmaninja;14457517]The brothers were ruled eligible at their first hearing because their parents and the Mount Vernon superintendent told the DEC that Hawthorne would not be coaching. The DEC was told Hawthorne was in town to film a documentary.

I can the present the facts, but I clearly cant make you absorb them.

Briles was the only coach that Hawthorne had ever player for, that he thought was worth coaching/mentoring his nephews?

Now for the plot twist. The 2 nephews arent playing football or getting mentored by Art [/QUOTE]

That was obviously not the case......

Comment

Of all things to rule them ineligible over this ones the most CS, and ironically the only one that stuck.

Parents whining about another parent helping..... so that their kids got their positions back.
                            You don’t see the irony?
                            If you knew anything about what you are talking about, you would know that they were not ruled ineligible because Lynx Hawthorne is their uncle and they were not ruled ineligible because he was coaching. They were ruled ineligible because they moved for athletic reasons and they lied about some things on the PAPF. That is a rule in UIL athletics in Texas. As stupid as you think it is, it is still the rule. Hawthorne is not their parent. How ironic is it that they said "parents" over and over and it was found that the kids were living in a trailer park, with the uncle? And the uncle LIED about the actual address where they lived. HMMM!

Briles got reprimanded because he broke the rules, AGAIN! He had someone coaching, who is not an a full time employee of the school and who does not have 20 years coaching experience. Again, as stupid as you think the rule is, it is still a rule and it was broken. Hence the reprimand from the UIL. And you say mentor and keep coming back to that word. You would want your kids to be "mentored" by someone who intentionally and knowingly breaks the rules. WOW!

You also know that the other schools in the district, who make up the DEC, are the ones who didnt think that these 2 should be playing. It really had nothing to do with the parents at Mount Vernon. The superintendents at the other schools in the district are the ones that ultimately decided that the meeting should take place to determine the kids eligibility. So, your argument that the parents in Mount Vernon were mad and raised a stink so their kids could get their position back is ridiculous. The other schools in the district are the ones that brought all of this to light. You also know that Briles, the mentor, did not attend any of the DEC meetings to fight for these kids and their eligibility. If he really was "mentoring" the kids and gave 2 ****s about them, rather than winning, he would have been at the meetings fighting for those kids and fighting for their eligibility. Yet, he was sitting in his office, making more money in interest than his coaching salary. The only reason he was at the UIL SEC meeting is because he was getting reprimanded. I highly doubt he would have attended the meeting if he was not trying to defend himself against a public reprimand.

The irony is that you are arguing about a subject that you dont have any expertise in. You really dont know what you are talking about, you really dont know the rules, and you really dont understand the in's and outs of the UIL. There is a quote that you should think about before you post or speak. "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt".
                            Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 10-24-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

A lot apparently because I have a different perspective, there are only a few coaches I’d let me kids play contact sports for, one being one of my college coaches. So ya if I had two nephews and my sister called me and needed help. I’d relocate them in a heartbeat.

Robbed? No one was Robb. There were two kids that’s got beat out for positions and there parents fixed that.

Briles makes more in interest then coaching.
                              I wouldn't necessarily call it beat out. These kids papf was submitted before two a days started therefore briles didn't really know what level of talent he had on the Mt Vernon team currently. He brought these kids in with full intentions of knocking out homegrown kids without knowing if the homegrown kids would make the cut or not.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                                If you knew anything about what you are talking about, you would know that they were not ruled ineligible because Lynx Hawthorne is their uncle and they were not ruled ineligible because he was coaching. They were ruled ineligible because they moved for athletic reasons and they lied about some things on the PAPF. That is a rule in UIL athletics in Texas. As stupid as you think it is, it is still the rule. Hawthorne is not their parent. How ironic is it that they said "parents" over and over and it was found that the kids were living in a trailer park, with the uncle? And the uncle LIED about the actual address where they lived. HMMM!

Briles got reprimanded because he broke the rules, AGAIN! He had someone coaching, who is not an a full time employee of the school and who does not have 20 years coaching experience. Again, as stupid as you think the rule is, it is still a rule and it was broken. Hence the reprimand from the UIL. And you say mentor and keep coming back to that word. You would want your kids to be "mentored" by someone who intentionally and knowingly breaks the rules. WOW!

You also know that the other schools in the district, who make up the DEC, are the ones who didnt think that these 2 should be playing. It really had nothing to do with the parents at Mount Vernon. The superintendents at the other schools in the district are the ones that ultimately decided that the meeting should take place to determine the kids eligibility. So, your argument that the parents in Mount Vernon were mad and raised a stink so their kids could get their position back is ridiculous. The other schools in the district are the ones that brought all of this to light. You also know that Briles, the mentor, did not attend any of the DEC meetings to fight for these kids and their eligibility. If he really was "mentoring" the kids and gave 2 ****s about them, rather than winning, he would have been at the meetings fighting for those kids and fighting for their eligibility. Yet, he was sitting in his office, making more money in interest than his coaching salary. The only reason he was at the UIL SEC meeting is because he was getting reprimanded. I highly doubt he would have attended the meeting if he was not trying to defend himself against a public reprimand.

The irony is that you are arguing about a subject that you dont have any expertise in. You really dont know what you are talking about, you really dont know the rules, and you really dont understand the in's and outs of the UIL. There is a quote that you should think about before you post or speak. "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt".
                                Mt. Vernon parents brought it to light, they brought in fact he was helping with practice. That’s what ruled them ineligible.

Him being at the meeting would of been worse, straight public lynching already. I get why he decided to sit back and let the UIL do their thing. Him being there wouldn’t of helped, this thread is a perfect example.

Expressing an opinion about coddling kids is a fool? Then so be it.....

Comment

Working...
                                X