Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you have shot a "buck of a lifetime" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did and it was with a rifle and not my highest scoring deer. I killed a 162 5/8” East Tx public land buck. He’s a deer that I probably won’t ever top. I get nostalgic looking at him on the wall and remember the entire hunt in very bid detail. He was a buck that I didn’t know existed, in a place where deer like him are light years away from the norm.

An honorable mention is a 173 6/8” 17pt non-typical low fence deer that I killed in Kansas with my bow. He’s the highest scoring deer I’ve ever killed and I self filmed the hunt. The only thing that makes him not qualify for my “deer of a lifetime” is I killed him in a place where that caliber of deer is what you’re expecting to kill. Don’t get it twisted, I’m VERY proud of him; but no matter what any deer I ever kill scores I highly doubt they top the DCNF buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

146 4/8 last year and he was my best to date. I'm only 39 so I think, eventually, I can top that however, not likely to top it by much...

Comment

I have been blessed to have hunted and worked on some very nice ranches
        These are all low fence, zero feed bucks totally wild
        I have a couple more that came off a low fence but high maintenance high feed bill place
        Attached Files
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-19-2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
          I think so but I hope I'm wrong! 185 2/8ths Iowa low fence bow kill. Good lord willing I'll top it!

Comment

My best was a 173 gross that I killed on our place about 10 years ago. I'm reticent to call it the "buck of a lifetime", because I haven't given up on getting a bigger one.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
              151" low fence with my bow last year

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
              Classic beauty, from an area where 150's rarely exist. Congrats!

Comment

Here!

Comment

Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                    I am in this club.

I was in this club from when I was 12 and started hunting until I was 34 when I shot my first “toad”. He is 143 5/8 and I didn’t think I could top that. Then last year I shot the 151” and I’m back to believing I’ll never top him. Trust me, if you hunt hard and long enough you’ll shoot bigger deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You guys have shot some bruisers. My best (not buck of lifetime) is 132” with my bow near San Saba. Can’t post pics on here

Comment

216" Kansas WIHA Giant I will never top this one but that won't stop me from trying!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LovinTxHuntin View Post
                          Four years ago a shot a beautiful ten point that grossed over 150. It was a dream come true for me. I don't know if I'll ever top that but I'll have a blast trying. I truly enjoy the pursuit.
                          Evidently I did about 40 years ago. It probably wasn't even a 130, don't know didn't measure it. Nice wide 9 point but wasn't too heavy.

However, it'll probably be my "lifetime" buck. Prospects don't look real good, but that's hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                            Cool thread...Very impressive!!!

I’ve enjoyed reading all the post.
                            c'mon brandon, you have more to add to this thread...

i have 3 bow kills, 134, 142, 157 w/ a drop and a crossbow kill of 144 (missing brow and g3) but hope none have been my buck of a lifetime yet.

Comment

143” 8pt from our Family Land in Madison Co. This deer burning up in our house fire earlier this year has been one of the hardest losses for me

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                                I have been blessed to have hunted and worked on some very nice ranches
                                These are all low fence, zero feed bucks totally wild
                                I have a couple more that came off a low fence but high maintenance high feed bill place
                                Did you shoot that buck in the middle picture?

Comment

Working...
                                X