Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you have shot a "buck of a lifetime" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      I've only been bow hunting for 6 years now. So all these are all life time deer for me I recon. Low fence, totally free range no protein, no cameras and we feed corn August to January. Nothing beats the rush of having a mature deer at 30 yards. I hate taking pictures with deer being 6'4 and 330, I shrink them all. I passed on a couple the last two years that would be shot later and both were 150-160. Started letting the grandson do all the shootin now. Those are the REAL bucks of a life time.
      6 years? Dang I been bowhunting for decades and don't have one like that. Wow

Comment

167 2/8" Low fence public land in Texas
        Hagerman

Comment

I killed this buck in Kansas in 2012. 179 1/8" I don't think I'll kill one bigger in my life but I'm going to try my hardest!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
            167 2/8" Low fence public land in Texas
            Hagerman
            Can we see a picture?

Comment

I shot a 213" mainframe typical 10 pt. off my ranch that is my biggest buck by far.

Comment

36 inch Axis. Doubt I’ll ever beat that. White tail don’t get too big inside the YO where I’m at.

Comment

170 " mainframe 10, low fence rolling plains area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Comment

How many of you have shot a "buck of a lifetime" ?

I have killed 2 "Once in a Lifetime animals" and neither were a whitetail.. I think it shows with alot of the stories on this thread it takes alot more than score to be a "once in a lifetime" animal.. Score can always be beat.. But certain situations cant.. My elk and Antelope from 2017 were both once in a lifetime animals for me.. They were really great animals but not Giant.. Elk scored 337" ish and antelope scored 76" ish. But I killed them the year that my mom died and I am 100% convinced that she helped me to kill both animals.. I dont care if I kill a 400" bull one day or a 80" goat.. They wouldn't mean more to me..

But then I guess my trad bow strait 12 point was pretty cool too. I don’t know if he is a once in a lifetime tho.

Last edited by JTeLarkin08; 09-21-2019, 12:40 AM.

Comment

First bow kill I had was a 149” 8 pointer. It wasn’t until this thread that I realized I had killed a once and a lifetime deer.

Comment

Still waiting on mine. I've let several walk to regret it later.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
                          I killed this buck in Kansas in 2012. 179 1/8" I don't think I'll kill one bigger in my life but I'm going to try my hardest!!
                          Buck of a lifetime!

Comment

Working...
                          X