Redfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
    Here is one I caught years ago, it was 50"... the bigger they get the uglier they get. I personally wouldn't mount one over 42".
    I agree the bigger they get the uglier, but they make a good pic and story

Comment

Thank y'all for the responses and pics. Much appreciated.

Comment

43”, 32 lbs in Cocodrie, LA
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
          42" is the biggest we've landed. Guide once told me that a 40" was equivalent to a 180" deer. Not sure if that is accurate or not but he said they are special once they get that big.
          No they aren’t super special. From about now through November they can be had fairly easily on the beach front. I don’t like redfish so I’ll never mount one, but if you want to catch big redfish head down to Sargent and throw out some cut bait.

Comment

50 inches last week in Galveston. Heck of a fight on that little curado.

Never thought of getting him mounted. I’m too cheap I guess.

Comment

48 inches is the magic number for me. For what ever reason breaking 48 is really tuff in Texas. Out of the hundreds I have caught over 40 inches I’ve only had two over 48. If I remember right one was 49 1/2 and the other was 51 both released and both from HI. My brother caught one at the end of the north jetties in Galveston that would of been a new state record but we turned her loose. That red was easily mid 50’s and big around as a 5 gallon bucket. Best bait for trophy reds in my opinion is the largest crab you can find whole and alive.
              Last edited by sharkhunter; 09-20-2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

49” on a light plastic rod, 12lb braid

Comment

Working...
                X