No announcement yet.

Tuna trip time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid did good. Caught 3 yellowfin and a 100# cubera.
    Attached Files

Comment

I’m
      Beat up as well. Cubera was a surprise to everyone. I was trying to get him a Warsaw dropping 1-2 pound live baits. Caught an AJ and a couple of sandbar sharks. Was considering not dropping back down but tied another leader and sent it down. Hit the bottom and got tight within seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Kid did good. Caught 3 yellowfin and a 100# cubera.

What’s a Cubera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Snapper.

Comment

Nice cubera. Only ever seen one and that one my buddy shot while spearfishing.

Comment

I have been watching yall for years do this trip. Always looks like my kinda thang but it is holiday time plus deer season still going on for my bowhunting addiction. I might go out of Venice, La as this has got to get on my shortlist soon.

Comment

Big cuberas in FL are very likely candidates to contain ciguatera toxin, we always released the big ones rather than take a chance.

I don’t know if they carry the toxin in TX or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
                  Big cuberas in FL are very likely candidates to contain ciguatera toxin, we always released the big ones rather than take a chance.

I don’t know if they carry the toxin in TX or not.
                  Yes. Especially if caught around the Flower Gardens. In this case, I highly doubt they were close to the gardens.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
                    Teaser pic, I'm bushed.
                    Meh.

Awesome haul!

Comment

Nice haul, congrats!!!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can’t wait to do it again amigos. I will go get patched up and be ready for next Fall. Got to fish with good friends and make some new ones.
                          Attached Files

Comment

You get hurt Glen?

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              Can’t wait to do it again amigos. I will go get patched up and be ready for next Fall. Got to fish with good friends and make some new ones.
                              Yes sir, great trip! I was sure proud of the kid! He fit right in with the group and killed some big fish! I can't wait to get back out there!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                You get hurt Glen?
                                Not this trip. Just his recurring back issues that he is going to get fixed soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X